Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

help

Posted by Scott R on 8/25/02 at 20:10 (093511)

Those who are more knowledgeable about ESWT than I, please make corrections to the paragraph below.

The Seimens does have a lot sharper teatment area. The treatment 'volumes' inside your foot of both machines is shaped like a cone pointing into your foot for up to an inch. At the base and widest point of the cone the OssaTron might be as thick as a pencil and the Seimens might be about half as wide. At the tip of the cone it is probably only a millimeter in diameter. The area that needs treatment I would guess to be about the size of marble on average but having a wide range of sizes in individual patients.

Re: help

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 20:29 (093514)

In order to make comments about either focal point for both the Ossatron and the Seimens I would have to know the width and depth of the focal point. This is the area where most of the energy is The dornier is 0.5mm in width and 2cm in depth. The shape of the focal point in high energy is cigar shaped. High energy is more concentrate then low energy. The cigar shaped shockwave becomes fatter with high energy and stretches out and is less concentrated with lower energy.

Where do you get the information that the Siemens delivers alot more sharper treatment area. There is a graph of a shockwave in your section on ESWT that shows and explained how the shape of the shockwave changes in relationship to the energy levels

Scott R on 8/26/02 at 12:24 (093557)

Dr Z,
I believe the cigar shape of the energy pulse is it's shape in air, but not in the tissue. The cigar shape, i believe, is 'whittled away' at as it has to penetrate the tissue, so that it's ultimate shape in tssue is a cone. If I have this backwards, then it is cigar-shaped.

john h on 8/30/02 at 18:37 (094013)

Scott: as an old and experienced marble player you must more clearly define the size of a 'marble'. As you must remember their are 'boulders', 'regular size marbles' and 'steeles' of various sizes. My feeing about the size of the area from which my pain comes from would be about 1/4' diameter or if you prefer it in mm just let me know.

ANNA on 9/03/02 at 06:42 (094320)

DR. Z.
BEEN SUFFERING WITH HS FOR OVER 2 YRS. WENT TO 3 POD.& 1 SPORTS DR. & ORTH. DR. AND DID EVERYTHING CONVENTIONAL FOR HS HAD UTRA SOUNDS MRI'S & EX.& ETC. AND NOTHING! SOME RELIEF WITH ICE AND REST . 3 DR'S TOLD ME NO SURGERY MAY MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE. WHAT'S YOUR SUCCESS RATE WITH ESWT????AND HOW MANY TIMES TO YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS DONE ?? AND PRICE? YES I AM 25LBS. OVER-WT. AND TRYING SO SO HARD TO LOSE WT. BUT 50 YRS. AND MENOPAUSE ISN'T HELPING ME.TO THINK I USED TO RUN 4 MILES IN 45 MINUTES 10 YRS AGO AND WALK IN THE SNOW AND RAIN AND NOW IT HURTS JUST TO GO FOOD SHOPPING. FORGET ABOUT THE MALL I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR 2 YRS OR SO.THE PAIN ISN'T WORHT IT. HELP I'M ONLY IN MY 50'S AND LOVE TO DANCE TOO!

Dr. Z on 9/03/02 at 22:22 (094411)

Hi

I would be happy to send you our ESWT packet which explains ESWT and all that you want or need to know. Just me at (email removed) and I will send you our ESWT packet

Angie W. on 9/12/02 at 14:57 (095154)

Dr. Z. where are you located?

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/25/02 at 20:29 (093514)

In order to make comments about either focal point for both the Ossatron and the Seimens I would have to know the width and depth of the focal point. This is the area where most of the energy is The dornier is 0.5mm in width and 2cm in depth. The shape of the focal point in high energy is cigar shaped. High energy is more concentrate then low energy. The cigar shaped shockwave becomes fatter with high energy and stretches out and is less concentrated with lower energy.

Where do you get the information that the Siemens delivers alot more sharper treatment area. There is a graph of a shockwave in your section on ESWT that shows and explained how the shape of the shockwave changes in relationship to the energy levels

Scott R on 8/26/02 at 12:24 (093557)

Dr Z,
I believe the cigar shape of the energy pulse is it's shape in air, but not in the tissue. The cigar shape, i believe, is 'whittled away' at as it has to penetrate the tissue, so that it's ultimate shape in tssue is a cone. If I have this backwards, then it is cigar-shaped.

john h on 8/30/02 at 18:37 (094013)

Scott: as an old and experienced marble player you must more clearly define the size of a 'marble'. As you must remember their are 'boulders', 'regular size marbles' and 'steeles' of various sizes. My feeing about the size of the area from which my pain comes from would be about 1/4' diameter or if you prefer it in mm just let me know.

ANNA on 9/03/02 at 06:42 (094320)

DR. Z.
BEEN SUFFERING WITH HS FOR OVER 2 YRS. WENT TO 3 POD.& 1 SPORTS DR. & ORTH. DR. AND DID EVERYTHING CONVENTIONAL FOR HS HAD UTRA SOUNDS MRI'S & EX.& ETC. AND NOTHING! SOME RELIEF WITH ICE AND REST . 3 DR'S TOLD ME NO SURGERY MAY MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE. WHAT'S YOUR SUCCESS RATE WITH ESWT????AND HOW MANY TIMES TO YOU NEED TO HAVE THIS DONE ?? AND PRICE? YES I AM 25LBS. OVER-WT. AND TRYING SO SO HARD TO LOSE WT. BUT 50 YRS. AND MENOPAUSE ISN'T HELPING ME.TO THINK I USED TO RUN 4 MILES IN 45 MINUTES 10 YRS AGO AND WALK IN THE SNOW AND RAIN AND NOW IT HURTS JUST TO GO FOOD SHOPPING. FORGET ABOUT THE MALL I HAVEN'T BEEN THERE FOR 2 YRS OR SO.THE PAIN ISN'T WORHT IT. HELP I'M ONLY IN MY 50'S AND LOVE TO DANCE TOO!

Dr. Z on 9/03/02 at 22:22 (094411)

Hi

I would be happy to send you our ESWT packet which explains ESWT and all that you want or need to know. Just me at (email removed) and I will send you our ESWT packet

Angie W. on 9/12/02 at 14:57 (095154)

Dr. Z. where are you located?