Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SDO's update

Posted by F.H. on 8/26/02 at 13:17 (093564)

So far so good. The SDO's by Dr. Kiper are extremely comfortable...even in a flare up.
The last three days I taped my feet and wore the SDO's and had a pain level of 2 almost the whole time.
I got to a 3 but that was after walking a good ways on concrete.
These have been the best thing I have tried to date.
I am on the third week and am extremely pleased with the progress so far.
The key is not to expect miracles from a chronic condition....take the time that's needed to break them in and communicate with Dr. Kiper.

Re: SDO's update

Pauline on 8/26/02 at 14:53 (093576)

Great report. Glad your finding success with Dr. Kiper's SDO orthotics.
Isn't it a great feeling to finally find some success with something? I think the dissappointment, from all the trial and errors, purchasing the various products P.F. patients try truely takes its toll.

When you finally hit on something it's a great feeling. Wishing you continued success.

Sounds like Ron might have hit on something when he found Dr. Kiper's orthotics.

F.H. on 8/27/02 at 08:25 (093650)

Yes it's a relief and it's like walking on heaven...with actual support.
So far it's been the best thing I have tried so far and the break in period was very short compared to some of the things I have tried.
I am thrilled with Dr. Kiper.
He is just awesome about communicating and keeping himself in the loop with my case. I have never waited more than a full day for a reply via email from him. He has called me out of the blue just to check in on a question I have had as well. Not a single complaint on him at all.

Re: p.s.

F.H. on 8/27/02 at 17:20 (093721)

I wore sandals all morning and had a bit of a flare up this afternoon from it. I put on my SDO's and the flare up calmed down within an hour or so.
Anyone skeptical of this item really ought to open their mind.

Mahatmelissama on 8/31/02 at 01:33 (094046)

I had a flare up (whined about it in the Rachel thread above) but I must say...I was able to handle it better with the SDOs. They are alright...I am just a chroooooonnnniiiiccc case.

Sorry...whinning again...

F.H. on 9/01/02 at 20:30 (094170)

me too. chronic case. But without the SDO's I doubt I would be walking right now.

Re: wondering...

Mahatmelissama on 9/03/02 at 12:08 (094349)

here here (about the SDOs). do you also get swelling and extreme tenderness after standing too long?

FH on 9/03/02 at 12:50 (094355)

No. My feet have never swollen or turned any colors. They look so normal it's hard to believe they hurt. Tenderness? Right at the insertion point a tiny bit and ankles are a little tight but otherwise not really. I like to push gently on that insertion spot...it feels good when they are hurting.
My feet get hot when I wear shoes too long. I take them off for awhile and the hotness goes away in a few minutes. This is telling me that when my feet are in a flare up or just more inflamed than usual from too much activity that the nerves are being compressed a bit. I take off the shoes and I am fine.
The SDO's have been a lifesaver thus far.
BUT standing in one spot is the hardest activity on my feet. Even walking around the block on concrete is not as bad as long standing still.

Pauline on 8/26/02 at 14:53 (093576)

Great report. Glad your finding success with Dr. Kiper's SDO orthotics.
Isn't it a great feeling to finally find some success with something? I think the dissappointment, from all the trial and errors, purchasing the various products P.F. patients try truely takes its toll.

When you finally hit on something it's a great feeling. Wishing you continued success.

Sounds like Ron might have hit on something when he found Dr. Kiper's orthotics.

F.H. on 8/27/02 at 08:25 (093650)

Yes it's a relief and it's like walking on heaven...with actual support.
So far it's been the best thing I have tried so far and the break in period was very short compared to some of the things I have tried.
I am thrilled with Dr. Kiper.
He is just awesome about communicating and keeping himself in the loop with my case. I have never waited more than a full day for a reply via email from him. He has called me out of the blue just to check in on a question I have had as well. Not a single complaint on him at all.

F.H. on 8/27/02 at 17:20 (093721)

I wore sandals all morning and had a bit of a flare up this afternoon from it. I put on my SDO's and the flare up calmed down within an hour or so.
Anyone skeptical of this item really ought to open their mind.

Mahatmelissama on 8/31/02 at 01:33 (094046)

I had a flare up (whined about it in the Rachel thread above) but I must say...I was able to handle it better with the SDOs. They are alright...I am just a chroooooonnnniiiiccc case.

Sorry...whinning again...

F.H. on 9/01/02 at 20:30 (094170)

me too. chronic case. But without the SDO's I doubt I would be walking right now.

Mahatmelissama on 9/03/02 at 12:08 (094349)

here here (about the SDOs). do you also get swelling and extreme tenderness after standing too long?

FH on 9/03/02 at 12:50 (094355)

No. My feet have never swollen or turned any colors. They look so normal it's hard to believe they hurt. Tenderness? Right at the insertion point a tiny bit and ankles are a little tight but otherwise not really. I like to push gently on that insertion spot...it feels good when they are hurting.
My feet get hot when I wear shoes too long. I take them off for awhile and the hotness goes away in a few minutes. This is telling me that when my feet are in a flare up or just more inflamed than usual from too much activity that the nerves are being compressed a bit. I take off the shoes and I am fine.
The SDO's have been a lifesaver thus far.
BUT standing in one spot is the hardest activity on my feet. Even walking around the block on concrete is not as bad as long standing still.