Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

to carole

Posted by nancy s. on 8/27/02 at 05:49 (093639)

carole, life has been a little crazy here, but i want to say before you unplug your computer for your move: Many Congratulations on your new home -- it looked really beautiful in your pictures -- and i know what an exciting time this is for you. savor every second. the discovery and making of a new home is one of life's great joys! i can tell you're thrilled by it, and i hope you have fun with it and a deep satisfaction from it for a long time to come.
nancy

Re: to carole

Carole C in NOLA on 8/27/02 at 13:07 (093693)

Thank you for your good wishes, Nancy. :)

I'm going to savor every second even though I have a lot of work to accomplish! It seems endless at times, and I ache all over from the physical demands of it, but I know that by Friday morning the movers will move me and it will all be done. I am really looking forward to making this house my home. Realistically I know that once I move the fish tank, and pack a half dozen or so boxes, and take my computer and DVD player, I'll have done all the *has* to be done before the movers arrive.

I'm very thrilled by it and it feels a little bit like home already. It didn't the first night that I was there, but last night I did some laundry in my new washer/dryer, and for some reason that helped me to feel like it is home. Who would have thought that doing laundry could be comforting? Not me. LOL

I'm very tired, but happy. Like I was telling Nancy N online last night, my feet hurt a lot but it's not that tearing kind of pain that means more damage. It's just the stone bruise sort of pain, which just means 'you have PF and should be icing and resting, dummy!' I've been icing a lot and resting when I can. My knees are much worse than my feet, so I iced them too and last night I resumed taking Celebrex which I had discontinued a couple of months ago as an experiment. As experiments go, it failed. My knees feel LOTS better now that I've taken my Celebrex. So does the rest of me, especially my back and other joints.

Last night I moved my fake plants, my guitar, a framed portrait of my daughter when she was a year old, and many more such treasures that I didn't want to entrust to movers. Tonight or tomorrow I need to spend some time back at the apartment, packing the last few boxes.

I save my old shoe boxes. As you can imagine, I have quite a few. They are so handy for lots of things, like storing computer disks or pencils or whatever. But now I have to pack my boxes in boxes, or else throw them out. I think I'll pack them! Isn't that silly? Who else but me would be packing shoe boxes in boxes. LOL

Carole C

Re: To: Carole

Necee on 8/27/02 at 23:18 (093774)

Happy Moving Day!!!!!!

I wish you all the best as you settle into your new home. May all your hopes and dreams come alive!

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 8/28/02 at 04:37 (093781)

And from me too, Carole: I wish you all the very best for your new life in your new home. It's very exciting!

Carole C on 8/28/02 at 15:39 (093816)

Thank you, everyone! It's getting more and more exciting to me too. I moved my two mollies today, and I have to clean their tank this afternoon. They are in a temporary 2 gallon tank while I clean their palatial 20 gallon abode.

Guess what else I did? I MOWED THE LAWN!!! It wasn't hard at all with my fancy mower. It was just very very hot. My lawn is beautiful now. Bobbie told me a minute ago (online) that I should wear a hat when I mow to avoid 'sunstroke' (heat related troubles I guess) so I'll get one if I see one.

At last I am COMPLETELY packed for the move. And, I have moved everything that I want to move except for the monitor for my desktop PC, and my DVD player. The movers don't come until Friday morning. So, I can rest my feet tomorrow and focus on cleaning that fish tank. My property management company told me not to bother to clean the apartment, so I won't.

I just love sitting here in the cool A/C, at my new antique desk with my prettiest Tiffany lamp on it, typing to my friends at heelspurs.com :) It is in the den where the sellers had that other gorgeous Tiffany lamp (but mine is very pretty too!), by the mirrored alcove.

Oh, and guess what? The Celebrex is doing wonders. My knees are infinitely more comfortable and so are my other joints. And, I've been resting more yesterday and today, and icing a lot, and wearing my Birkenstocks inside, so my PF is feeling better too. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 8/28/02 at 17:40 (093821)

I can just picture you, Carole, sitting at your antique desk with the pretty lamp, typing to all of us! I am so glad to hear that your knees are feeling better since you're back on Celebrex and that your packing is done. Now you can rest a little before moving day.

Your success and triumph is in a way a triumph for us all! It seems many of us have traveled this road together for months and months and are like a team. (Don't you all get tired of me saying such things over and over?!)
:-) And so we all share in your joy and happiness!

Get some rest tonight, and we're all proud for you!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C on 8/28/02 at 19:09 (093825)

Suzanne, I never get tired of your wisdom and insights! You are so right that we are like a team and we have all become close online friends as we share the ups and downs of PF and life.

I almost dozed off reading in bed at 7 PM, but the neighbor's child came by to sell candy for the Catholic school she attends. I am sure I'll get a LOT of sleep tonight. First, I'll take a long hot shower in my 'real shower' (not a tub/shower! I love real showers and haven't had one for years). It's all tile with tile floor and walls, and has a wonderful shower head that pours water on me like a waterfall and swivels around. I'll use my 'Night Blooming Jasmine' shower stuff and drift off to sleep. :)

After the moving men are done on Friday I'll have lots to unpack, so I will definitely take advantage of this short respite tonight! :)

Carole C

JudyS on 8/30/02 at 08:58 (093958)

Carole - you grant us vicarious enjoyment in your move with your perfect descriptions of each step! Coupled with the photos you posted, your descriptions make me feel like I'm right next to you! Now, what sort of wallpaper shall we hang? :)

Carole C on 8/30/02 at 19:31 (094021)

The wallpaper is just gorgeous except in the guest bedroom, which as you probably recall is in black, fuchsia, and beige vertical stripes. The bedroom door and bedroom closet door are in fuchsia (ugh!). The carpet in that room is black with colored stars. For now I'm going to put beige-ish throw rugs down in there, and eventually paint the fuchsia doors beige. If that doesn't do it, then I'll have to re-wallpaper. It's a shame because it looks brand new.

I'm so happy to be completely moved in at last. I just can't believe that this beautiful place is really my house! Today I was so wired that I woke up at 3 AM and stayed up. So, I'm exhausted and my knees, feet, back, and everything hurt. After a good night's sleep, I will probably feel great and tomorrow should be a lot of fun.

Carole C

Re: to carole

Carole C in NOLA on 8/27/02 at 13:07 (093693)

Thank you for your good wishes, Nancy. :)

I'm going to savor every second even though I have a lot of work to accomplish! It seems endless at times, and I ache all over from the physical demands of it, but I know that by Friday morning the movers will move me and it will all be done. I am really looking forward to making this house my home. Realistically I know that once I move the fish tank, and pack a half dozen or so boxes, and take my computer and DVD player, I'll have done all the *has* to be done before the movers arrive.

I'm very thrilled by it and it feels a little bit like home already. It didn't the first night that I was there, but last night I did some laundry in my new washer/dryer, and for some reason that helped me to feel like it is home. Who would have thought that doing laundry could be comforting? Not me. LOL

I'm very tired, but happy. Like I was telling Nancy N online last night, my feet hurt a lot but it's not that tearing kind of pain that means more damage. It's just the stone bruise sort of pain, which just means 'you have PF and should be icing and resting, dummy!' I've been icing a lot and resting when I can. My knees are much worse than my feet, so I iced them too and last night I resumed taking Celebrex which I had discontinued a couple of months ago as an experiment. As experiments go, it failed. My knees feel LOTS better now that I've taken my Celebrex. So does the rest of me, especially my back and other joints.

Last night I moved my fake plants, my guitar, a framed portrait of my daughter when she was a year old, and many more such treasures that I didn't want to entrust to movers. Tonight or tomorrow I need to spend some time back at the apartment, packing the last few boxes.

I save my old shoe boxes. As you can imagine, I have quite a few. They are so handy for lots of things, like storing computer disks or pencils or whatever. But now I have to pack my boxes in boxes, or else throw them out. I think I'll pack them! Isn't that silly? Who else but me would be packing shoe boxes in boxes. LOL

Carole C

Necee on 8/27/02 at 23:18 (093774)

Happy Moving Day!!!!!!

I wish you all the best as you settle into your new home. May all your hopes and dreams come alive!

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 8/28/02 at 04:37 (093781)

And from me too, Carole: I wish you all the very best for your new life in your new home. It's very exciting!

Carole C on 8/28/02 at 15:39 (093816)

Thank you, everyone! It's getting more and more exciting to me too. I moved my two mollies today, and I have to clean their tank this afternoon. They are in a temporary 2 gallon tank while I clean their palatial 20 gallon abode.

Guess what else I did? I MOWED THE LAWN!!! It wasn't hard at all with my fancy mower. It was just very very hot. My lawn is beautiful now. Bobbie told me a minute ago (online) that I should wear a hat when I mow to avoid 'sunstroke' (heat related troubles I guess) so I'll get one if I see one.

At last I am COMPLETELY packed for the move. And, I have moved everything that I want to move except for the monitor for my desktop PC, and my DVD player. The movers don't come until Friday morning. So, I can rest my feet tomorrow and focus on cleaning that fish tank. My property management company told me not to bother to clean the apartment, so I won't.

I just love sitting here in the cool A/C, at my new antique desk with my prettiest Tiffany lamp on it, typing to my friends at heelspurs.com :) It is in the den where the sellers had that other gorgeous Tiffany lamp (but mine is very pretty too!), by the mirrored alcove.

Oh, and guess what? The Celebrex is doing wonders. My knees are infinitely more comfortable and so are my other joints. And, I've been resting more yesterday and today, and icing a lot, and wearing my Birkenstocks inside, so my PF is feeling better too. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 8/28/02 at 17:40 (093821)

I can just picture you, Carole, sitting at your antique desk with the pretty lamp, typing to all of us! I am so glad to hear that your knees are feeling better since you're back on Celebrex and that your packing is done. Now you can rest a little before moving day.

Your success and triumph is in a way a triumph for us all! It seems many of us have traveled this road together for months and months and are like a team. (Don't you all get tired of me saying such things over and over?!)
:-) And so we all share in your joy and happiness!

Get some rest tonight, and we're all proud for you!

Suzanne :-)

Carole C on 8/28/02 at 19:09 (093825)

Suzanne, I never get tired of your wisdom and insights! You are so right that we are like a team and we have all become close online friends as we share the ups and downs of PF and life.

I almost dozed off reading in bed at 7 PM, but the neighbor's child came by to sell candy for the Catholic school she attends. I am sure I'll get a LOT of sleep tonight. First, I'll take a long hot shower in my 'real shower' (not a tub/shower! I love real showers and haven't had one for years). It's all tile with tile floor and walls, and has a wonderful shower head that pours water on me like a waterfall and swivels around. I'll use my 'Night Blooming Jasmine' shower stuff and drift off to sleep. :)

After the moving men are done on Friday I'll have lots to unpack, so I will definitely take advantage of this short respite tonight! :)

Carole C

JudyS on 8/30/02 at 08:58 (093958)

Carole - you grant us vicarious enjoyment in your move with your perfect descriptions of each step! Coupled with the photos you posted, your descriptions make me feel like I'm right next to you! Now, what sort of wallpaper shall we hang? :)

Carole C on 8/30/02 at 19:31 (094021)

The wallpaper is just gorgeous except in the guest bedroom, which as you probably recall is in black, fuchsia, and beige vertical stripes. The bedroom door and bedroom closet door are in fuchsia (ugh!). The carpet in that room is black with colored stars. For now I'm going to put beige-ish throw rugs down in there, and eventually paint the fuchsia doors beige. If that doesn't do it, then I'll have to re-wallpaper. It's a shame because it looks brand new.

I'm so happy to be completely moved in at last. I just can't believe that this beautiful place is really my house! Today I was so wired that I woke up at 3 AM and stayed up. So, I'm exhausted and my knees, feet, back, and everything hurt. After a good night's sleep, I will probably feel great and tomorrow should be a lot of fun.

Carole C