Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkesntocks

Posted by carrie on 8/27/02 at 09:44 (093658)

I saw the cutest (yes cute) birkies on tv yesterday but didn't have a chance to write the model number down, I have never seen them before they were so cute. They were on QVC home shopping network. If anyone knows which ones I am talking about please let me know. They are rather hard to find where I live and of course my main problem with shoes is that once I wear them all day they usually end up killing me
Thanks
Carrie

Re: Birkesntocks

Suzanne D on 8/27/02 at 11:53 (093686)

Try checking out the Birkenstock Express website, Carrie ~

birkenstockexpress.com

Maybe you can find them there. There are so many Birks that I couldn't guess which ones you are talking about.

Good luck!
Suzanne

carrie on 8/27/02 at 13:11 (093696)

thanks Suzanne I appreciate that, I have not found any birkies that work for me yet, but I am still hopeful! They all seem so hard!

Kim R. on 8/27/02 at 14:13 (093704)

Carrie - look on e-Bay. I bought 2 pair of Betula Birks. I think the winning bid price was $29. I am still too neurotic to try actually wearing them for any length of time though. They are comfortable though.
The Betula style is one of the original clog designs. My Mom has feet issues as well and now she has bought several pairs on e-Bay. There are tons of designs and most of the ones on e-Bay are 'new in the box' or 'new with tags'.

carrie on 8/27/02 at 17:32 (093726)

My hubby called the lady at the birkenstock place and she explained that they shape to your feet after you wear them awhile, so they sound realy good, the ones I have seen are so ugly in the stores, but I know the nurses where I work simply love them. I plan to try and get some more merrells tonight, I will exchange these other shoes that suck and get the merrell clog/athletic like shoe, they are really the best I have found without a dought. I have the merrell sandals and they are so cute, I can at least wear them with jeans, capri pants and skirts of all legnths and be comfy and not look stupid!

hugs

RACHAEL T. on 8/27/02 at 18:29 (093733)

Carrie - try the Birkenstock sandal that is called Tatami - they are CUTE! I thought Birks were not trendy looking either - but now that I've worn them - their comfort is worth their lack of trendiness & some are cute - particularly these Tatami's that I got. And, I love the Boston Clogs - they grow on you!

Shirley W on 8/27/02 at 19:29 (093739)

Just a suggestion-- I received an ad in the mail recently from a small town near us. It boasts to carry thousands of Birks, but what really caught my eye was their policy for online orders--- a 6 month walk test, which I have never seen before anywhere! I visited the web site, and found several pairs that I had never seen elsewhere, so maybe you might want to check it out. Their web is http://www.footprints.com . Even though I live within a 'nice drive distance', I may order online just to cover myself and take advantage of the 6 mo trial. Hope you find what you were looking for.

Re: Birkenstock shoes

Necee on 8/27/02 at 22:52 (093772)

Who cares about style, when your feet hurt you will wear just about anything that will feel good. I wear Birks, those ugly boxy looking ones, everyone calls them my 'Gumby' shoes, but hey, I really don't care, they are helping my feet. I also was given a pair of Tatami sandals, and I wear them when not working. They do have some really stylish looking shoes now, so I might buy another pair for Fall and Winter.

Happy trails..

Necee

Re: Birkenstocks - mine aren't ugly!

Valerie S on 8/28/02 at 06:52 (093784)

Forgive me for saying so, but I get compliments on my Birks about once a week. Not all Birks are ugly. I got a pair, pink nubuck sandals, where the strap goes between your first and second toe, and I have people notice them all the time and say how they like them. Of course, I live in northern Michigan, where there seems to be a trend for people wearing handmade shoes. These have a sort of rivet-appearing thing on top, making them look both elegant and rustic. I like them because I think they lenghten the look of my foot, which is short and wide (my sister says I have Flintstone feet). It also gives me good reason to pamper my feet and wear pretty polish on my toes, since I can't wear socks with these shoes. Too bad I live in Michigan, and will soon have to put these in the closet and get out the boots again.

When shopping for Birks, make sure you try them on before buying, even if you just have to go to the store and find your proper size. You can get better bargains online, and I have been more than satisfied with the service and speed of delivery from the German Birk website. But I have been wearing Birks for over 10 years, and know that every 38 will fit me.

Good luck to you.

-Val.

carrie on 8/28/02 at 08:04 (093787)

THank you so very much, this website is great tons of deals and cute shoes, and with the six month guarantee it seems silly not to give it a shot. You are an angel,

hugs
carrie

carrie on 8/28/02 at 08:51 (093792)

I agree with you that not all the birks are ugly just the ones I have found here in town, I live in Idaho Falls Idaho and there just is not a huge selection of birkies in this town the ones I have seen are butt ugly. I actually just ordered some from that website and they are so cute, now to see how they work. I always felt they were hard but as it was explained to me they mold to your feet so we will see. In the meantime I am glad that you wrote me, and that you are sokind and supportive, I know I seem like a whiner at times, I try not to be, I am just pissed that I had so many plans that seem almost un attainable right now ya know? Anyhow thanks again for you feedback it really does help.
HUgs
Carrie

Re: ~~~Mine are UGLY! ~~~ (NM)

Necee on 8/29/02 at 00:01 (093844)

Happy trails~~~~

Necee

carrie on 8/29/02 at 08:52 (093867)

THank you so much I ordered two pair and I may get more if these work out, you cannot beat this deal and the shoes are adorable. What do you think about the danskos? I got some that were on sale but they look like they might be a hard sole, I figure the worse that can happen is I will have to exchange them. Shoes are my newest passion, well they always were but now flat shoes are replacing my old high ones. I still miss them but I am getting to be at peace with the fact that I probably won't wear them ever again.
your a doll!

Suzanne D on 8/27/02 at 11:53 (093686)

Try checking out the Birkenstock Express website, Carrie ~

birkenstockexpress.com

Maybe you can find them there. There are so many Birks that I couldn't guess which ones you are talking about.

Good luck!
Suzanne

carrie on 8/27/02 at 13:11 (093696)

thanks Suzanne I appreciate that, I have not found any birkies that work for me yet, but I am still hopeful! They all seem so hard!

Kim R. on 8/27/02 at 14:13 (093704)

Carrie - look on e-Bay. I bought 2 pair of Betula Birks. I think the winning bid price was $29. I am still too neurotic to try actually wearing them for any length of time though. They are comfortable though.
The Betula style is one of the original clog designs. My Mom has feet issues as well and now she has bought several pairs on e-Bay. There are tons of designs and most of the ones on e-Bay are 'new in the box' or 'new with tags'.

carrie on 8/27/02 at 17:32 (093726)

My hubby called the lady at the birkenstock place and she explained that they shape to your feet after you wear them awhile, so they sound realy good, the ones I have seen are so ugly in the stores, but I know the nurses where I work simply love them. I plan to try and get some more merrells tonight, I will exchange these other shoes that suck and get the merrell clog/athletic like shoe, they are really the best I have found without a dought. I have the merrell sandals and they are so cute, I can at least wear them with jeans, capri pants and skirts of all legnths and be comfy and not look stupid!

hugs

RACHAEL T. on 8/27/02 at 18:29 (093733)

Carrie - try the Birkenstock sandal that is called Tatami - they are CUTE! I thought Birks were not trendy looking either - but now that I've worn them - their comfort is worth their lack of trendiness & some are cute - particularly these Tatami's that I got. And, I love the Boston Clogs - they grow on you!

Shirley W on 8/27/02 at 19:29 (093739)

Just a suggestion-- I received an ad in the mail recently from a small town near us. It boasts to carry thousands of Birks, but what really caught my eye was their policy for online orders--- a 6 month walk test, which I have never seen before anywhere! I visited the web site, and found several pairs that I had never seen elsewhere, so maybe you might want to check it out. Their web is http://www.footprints.com . Even though I live within a 'nice drive distance', I may order online just to cover myself and take advantage of the 6 mo trial. Hope you find what you were looking for.

Re: Birkenstock shoes

Necee on 8/27/02 at 22:52 (093772)

Who cares about style, when your feet hurt you will wear just about anything that will feel good. I wear Birks, those ugly boxy looking ones, everyone calls them my 'Gumby' shoes, but hey, I really don't care, they are helping my feet. I also was given a pair of Tatami sandals, and I wear them when not working. They do have some really stylish looking shoes now, so I might buy another pair for Fall and Winter.

Happy trails..

Necee

Valerie S on 8/28/02 at 06:52 (093784)

Forgive me for saying so, but I get compliments on my Birks about once a week. Not all Birks are ugly. I got a pair, pink nubuck sandals, where the strap goes between your first and second toe, and I have people notice them all the time and say how they like them. Of course, I live in northern Michigan, where there seems to be a trend for people wearing handmade shoes. These have a sort of rivet-appearing thing on top, making them look both elegant and rustic. I like them because I think they lenghten the look of my foot, which is short and wide (my sister says I have Flintstone feet). It also gives me good reason to pamper my feet and wear pretty polish on my toes, since I can't wear socks with these shoes. Too bad I live in Michigan, and will soon have to put these in the closet and get out the boots again.

When shopping for Birks, make sure you try them on before buying, even if you just have to go to the store and find your proper size. You can get better bargains online, and I have been more than satisfied with the service and speed of delivery from the German Birk website. But I have been wearing Birks for over 10 years, and know that every 38 will fit me.

Good luck to you.

-Val.

carrie on 8/28/02 at 08:04 (093787)

THank you so very much, this website is great tons of deals and cute shoes, and with the six month guarantee it seems silly not to give it a shot. You are an angel,

hugs
carrie

carrie on 8/28/02 at 08:51 (093792)

I agree with you that not all the birks are ugly just the ones I have found here in town, I live in Idaho Falls Idaho and there just is not a huge selection of birkies in this town the ones I have seen are butt ugly. I actually just ordered some from that website and they are so cute, now to see how they work. I always felt they were hard but as it was explained to me they mold to your feet so we will see. In the meantime I am glad that you wrote me, and that you are sokind and supportive, I know I seem like a whiner at times, I try not to be, I am just pissed that I had so many plans that seem almost un attainable right now ya know? Anyhow thanks again for you feedback it really does help.
HUgs
Carrie

Re: ~~~Mine are UGLY! ~~~ (NM)

Necee on 8/29/02 at 00:01 (093844)

Happy trails~~~~

Necee

carrie on 8/29/02 at 08:52 (093867)

THank you so much I ordered two pair and I may get more if these work out, you cannot beat this deal and the shoes are adorable. What do you think about the danskos? I got some that were on sale but they look like they might be a hard sole, I figure the worse that can happen is I will have to exchange them. Shoes are my newest passion, well they always were but now flat shoes are replacing my old high ones. I still miss them but I am getting to be at peace with the fact that I probably won't wear them ever again.
your a doll!