Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Joseph Seibel shoes

Posted by Kim R. on 8/27/02 at 14:25 (093705)

Has anyone had any experience with Joseph Seibel shoes? I have purchased a pair for $130. My orthotics fit nicely and they are quite comfortable. Before I wear them, I would like to solicit some feedback from others with pf.

Re: Joseph Seibel shoes

F.H. on 8/29/02 at 08:14 (093864)

Everyone is different. Wear them around the house but not outside, if they don't work after a week take them back.

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 11:59 (093880)

Day 2. Wearing the Josef Seibels and they are fantastic. The orthotics fit well and it is refreshing to be at work in something other than New Balance. This shoe, while somewhat masculine looking, goes well with pants suits. They are expensive. I recommend that you go and try some on if you are looking for comfort and something to wear with your orthotics. Also bought a pair of Mephisto sandals to wear around the house. They are wonderful. The Birkenstocks killed my foot, but the Mephisto is like wearing my custom orthotic in sandal-form. The Seibels I purchased are the low-heel loafer style. Two pair lace up in the front and one has a velcro buckle. Just a thought for those of you searching for a comfortable shoe.

F.H. on 8/30/02 at 08:34 (093956)

I tried those about a year ago...didn't work for me.
Birkenstocks...nope.
Mephistos-good for a short time but cause a flare up if worn too long.

JudyS on 9/01/02 at 11:07 (094129)

Kim, I have a couple of pair of Josef Seibel clogs and I love them. Of all the brands I've tried, they've been the best for me.

jonna p on 9/09/02 at 18:31 (094848)

Are you a flat foot or a high arch? PF?

F.H. on 8/29/02 at 08:14 (093864)

Everyone is different. Wear them around the house but not outside, if they don't work after a week take them back.

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 11:59 (093880)

Day 2. Wearing the Josef Seibels and they are fantastic. The orthotics fit well and it is refreshing to be at work in something other than New Balance. This shoe, while somewhat masculine looking, goes well with pants suits. They are expensive. I recommend that you go and try some on if you are looking for comfort and something to wear with your orthotics. Also bought a pair of Mephisto sandals to wear around the house. They are wonderful. The Birkenstocks killed my foot, but the Mephisto is like wearing my custom orthotic in sandal-form. The Seibels I purchased are the low-heel loafer style. Two pair lace up in the front and one has a velcro buckle. Just a thought for those of you searching for a comfortable shoe.

F.H. on 8/30/02 at 08:34 (093956)

I tried those about a year ago...didn't work for me.
Birkenstocks...nope.
Mephistos-good for a short time but cause a flare up if worn too long.

JudyS on 9/01/02 at 11:07 (094129)

Kim, I have a couple of pair of Josef Seibel clogs and I love them. Of all the brands I've tried, they've been the best for me.

jonna p on 9/09/02 at 18:31 (094848)

Are you a flat foot or a high arch? PF?

Iris P on 8/06/05 at 13:35 (180135)

I like my first pair so much I bought a second a pair in a different color ....the most comfort shoes I have ever had.

Jane on 5/20/07 at 08:13 (230178)

I am a physical therapist, have had pf, and wear JS shoes with off-the-shelf orthotics, and find the shoes to be fine. The most important element in dealing with pf is to have good arch support and general fit. Then have good cushioning, massage the tender areas, and ask your doctor about taking an anti-inflamatory until you're better (I took ibuprofen).