Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just had my secong eswt at Dr. Z's

Posted by dave r on 8/28/02 at 08:07 (093788)

Just wanted to let everyone here know that i had my second eswt treatment at Dr. Z's office. I was there on Saturday. Its been 21 weeks since my first treatment. With the first treatment i believe i was 20% improved. This time around it is very different. My pain so far is very minimal. I have been doing some non weight bearing stretches and so far so good!
I was also amazed at the inline ultra sound unit on the Dornier Epos unit. I was finally able to actually see my inflamed fascia. It was three times thicker than the typical person. At least i have a better perspective on what the problem actually is. I could see it on screen and the area being treated the whole time. DOCTOR Z IS BY FAR; The most pleasant doctor i have ever been around.

Re: Just had my secong eswt at Dr. Z's

BrianG on 9/02/02 at 22:06 (094312)

Hi Dave,

It's now been over a week since your second treatment. How are you doing? Did you have much discomfert the first few days? Good luck

BrianG

dave r on 9/03/02 at 07:07 (094323)

Hi Brian, i am doing pretty good over all. I had some discomfort for the first few days. My pain level is minimal. I seem to be improving alot. I am hopeful that i will get at least another 20% improvement. I believe that i will reach that and probably more. This second treatment is different than the first one. Maybe because all of the treatment was based using the ultrasound. I dont have any spasms or any different types of pain like i had with the first treatment.Only time will tell. With the first treatment it took a good 9 weeks before things even started to settle down.

BrianG on 9/03/02 at 22:06 (094407)

Sounds good, hope you get that 20 plus percent. I had the ultrasound with the Dornier, and did have some pain, where the zaps entered my heels. It wasn't that bad though. It seemed to heal within a couple of weeks. It was sort of a shock / nerve type pain. I used lots of heat, but didn't get any positive results. I'm a tough case!! Maybe a 2nd treatment in my future, the jury is still out.

Good luck
BrianG

dave r on 9/06/02 at 07:17 (094591)

Well so far so good. its been two weeks since eswt and this is the best that my feet have felt in 6 years! Although my legs are stll week from being so inactive over the years. I will try and slowly stretch my way to being stronger. I havent had to take any anti inflams or anything like that since the treatment. I am hopeful that i will continue to improve over the next few months. Only time will tell. It would be nice if i could go a month or two without a flare up. We all know that flare ups are comin and i sure have had my fair share of them.

Linda S on 9/16/02 at 22:52 (095504)

I just had ESWT 3 weeks ago - both feet. I really haven't seen a whole lot of improvement yet, but have high hopes. I'm curious about your comment though on the 'ultrasound with the Dornier'. Could you explain this procedure? Is this a procedure used to determine where the inflamation is in the foot prior to the ESWT? I don't think this was done on me before the procedure. Thanks for your assistance.

Dr. Z on 9/17/02 at 03:28 (095510)

This was done before your procedure . The dornier has ultrasound equipment that is used for both positioning and diagnosis The ultrasound is used to measure the plantar fasica thickeness at the insertion

BrianG on 9/02/02 at 22:06 (094312)

Hi Dave,

It's now been over a week since your second treatment. How are you doing? Did you have much discomfert the first few days? Good luck

BrianG

dave r on 9/03/02 at 07:07 (094323)

Hi Brian, i am doing pretty good over all. I had some discomfort for the first few days. My pain level is minimal. I seem to be improving alot. I am hopeful that i will get at least another 20% improvement. I believe that i will reach that and probably more. This second treatment is different than the first one. Maybe because all of the treatment was based using the ultrasound. I dont have any spasms or any different types of pain like i had with the first treatment.Only time will tell. With the first treatment it took a good 9 weeks before things even started to settle down.

BrianG on 9/03/02 at 22:06 (094407)

Sounds good, hope you get that 20 plus percent. I had the ultrasound with the Dornier, and did have some pain, where the zaps entered my heels. It wasn't that bad though. It seemed to heal within a couple of weeks. It was sort of a shock / nerve type pain. I used lots of heat, but didn't get any positive results. I'm a tough case!! Maybe a 2nd treatment in my future, the jury is still out.

Good luck
BrianG

dave r on 9/06/02 at 07:17 (094591)

Well so far so good. its been two weeks since eswt and this is the best that my feet have felt in 6 years! Although my legs are stll week from being so inactive over the years. I will try and slowly stretch my way to being stronger. I havent had to take any anti inflams or anything like that since the treatment. I am hopeful that i will continue to improve over the next few months. Only time will tell. It would be nice if i could go a month or two without a flare up. We all know that flare ups are comin and i sure have had my fair share of them.

Linda S on 9/16/02 at 22:52 (095504)

I just had ESWT 3 weeks ago - both feet. I really haven't seen a whole lot of improvement yet, but have high hopes. I'm curious about your comment though on the 'ultrasound with the Dornier'. Could you explain this procedure? Is this a procedure used to determine where the inflamation is in the foot prior to the ESWT? I don't think this was done on me before the procedure. Thanks for your assistance.

Dr. Z on 9/17/02 at 03:28 (095510)

This was done before your procedure . The dornier has ultrasound equipment that is used for both positioning and diagnosis The ultrasound is used to measure the plantar fasica thickeness at the insertion