Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Differences in ESWT machines

Posted by Mike P on 8/28/02 at 20:20 (093827)

What are the differences in the ESWT machines that are at the doctors offices? Thanks

Re: Differences in ESWT machines

john h on 8/29/02 at 11:20 (093874)

Price among other things.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/02 at 11:22 (093876)

Do a search on this web site. It will be very helpful. Which machines are you talking about?

SuzanneL on 9/03/02 at 21:49 (094405)

Re: differences in Eswt machines. I went to a doctor who uses the Dornier machine. Is this machine better than the Ossatron and others to repair my chronic plantar fashia. I already had surgery which was not successful
Sincerely,

suzanne levine

Don.S on 9/04/02 at 19:18 (094477)

To everyone interested in ESWT there is a web site. All you have to do is follow the prompts
http://www.ismst.com Go to technology - devices - companies. You will see pictures of several different types of machines, some portable and some large clinical based units. Some ultrasound guided and some not.
The Dornier units are not shown but you can view Dornier at http://www.dornier.com
Machines vary in price from several thousand's of Dollars to to several hundred thousand's Dollars.

Pauline on 9/04/02 at 21:45 (094486)

Great web site Don.

Dr. Z on 9/04/02 at 22:31 (094491)

Hi

You are going to get difference in opinion as to which ESWT device is better. I have used both sparkgap ( ossatron ) and the dornier .( electro- magnetic) In my opinion the dornier is a better more effective device. The one year dornier FDA studies showed the following results. There were 131 patients treated with one session. After one year the average pain level was 0.6 VAS. Another scoring used was the Roles Maudley . It showed that out of the treated group 94 % of the patients reported either very good or good result. The definition of a Very good or good was the following.

1. Very good. No pain , no restriction for movement or activity
2. Good Occasional pain . No restriction or movement or activity

Here are some of the other difference

1. High energy with the dornier.
2. No IV or general with the Dornier
3. Must have IV or general with the ossatron
4. Production of shockwaves more effective.
5 Dornier has inline ultrasound which enables the doctor to moniter and pin point the insertional areas needed to be treated.

Feel free to ask any questions

Re: Diffrence in machines

Mike P on 9/05/02 at 21:31 (094576)

Thank you Dr Z

Don.S on 9/06/02 at 06:00 (094589)

Pauline,
I hope you and others find it informative.

john h on 8/29/02 at 11:20 (093874)

Price among other things.

Dr. Zuckerman on 8/29/02 at 11:22 (093876)

Do a search on this web site. It will be very helpful. Which machines are you talking about?

SuzanneL on 9/03/02 at 21:49 (094405)

Re: differences in Eswt machines. I went to a doctor who uses the Dornier machine. Is this machine better than the Ossatron and others to repair my chronic plantar fashia. I already had surgery which was not successful
Sincerely,

suzanne levine

Don.S on 9/04/02 at 19:18 (094477)

To everyone interested in ESWT there is a web site. All you have to do is follow the prompts
http://www.ismst.com Go to technology - devices - companies. You will see pictures of several different types of machines, some portable and some large clinical based units. Some ultrasound guided and some not.
The Dornier units are not shown but you can view Dornier at http://www.dornier.com
Machines vary in price from several thousand's of Dollars to to several hundred thousand's Dollars.

Pauline on 9/04/02 at 21:45 (094486)

Great web site Don.

Dr. Z on 9/04/02 at 22:31 (094491)

Hi

You are going to get difference in opinion as to which ESWT device is better. I have used both sparkgap ( ossatron ) and the dornier .( electro- magnetic) In my opinion the dornier is a better more effective device. The one year dornier FDA studies showed the following results. There were 131 patients treated with one session. After one year the average pain level was 0.6 VAS. Another scoring used was the Roles Maudley . It showed that out of the treated group 94 % of the patients reported either very good or good result. The definition of a Very good or good was the following.

1. Very good. No pain , no restriction for movement or activity
2. Good Occasional pain . No restriction or movement or activity

Here are some of the other difference

1. High energy with the dornier.
2. No IV or general with the Dornier
3. Must have IV or general with the ossatron
4. Production of shockwaves more effective.
5 Dornier has inline ultrasound which enables the doctor to moniter and pin point the insertional areas needed to be treated.

Feel free to ask any questions

Re: Diffrence in machines

Mike P on 9/05/02 at 21:31 (094576)

Thank you Dr Z

Don.S on 9/06/02 at 06:00 (094589)

Pauline,
I hope you and others find it informative.