Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Numb/tingling sensation in toes

Posted by Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 11:52 (093878)

Has anyone with pf/spurs developed a tingling or numb sensation in the toe region? Any ideas on what this might be? Too much ice perhaps?

Re: Numb/tingling sensation in toes

dave r on 8/29/02 at 12:02 (093881)

Which toes? Is it the Big toe in particular?

Necee on 8/29/02 at 12:16 (093883)

Yes, I have experienced that sensation, but don't know why. I'll be watching to see what others responses are. I'm sure it has something to do with the nerves in our feet.

Happy trails..

Necee

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 12:20 (093884)

Primarily the big toe, yes. It is worse in the a.m. when I take my night-splint off.

dave r on 8/29/02 at 12:37 (093885)

Are you able to stand on your tip toes? What other symptoms do you have? Have you ever been diagnosed with post tibial tendon dysfunction? I am not a doctor. I wore night splints for three years and never experianced that. Is your nightsplint very tight? Maybe its cutting of the circulation to your toes. I had that ocassional problem.

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 12:43 (093887)

I can stand on my toes I suppose as much as anyone can although it hurts my arch. It's like my big toe is asleep. No the only thing I have been diagnosed with is pf and heel spurs in my left foot caused by running and wearing high-heels. (tight achilles). But right now, sitting at my desk, without a shoe on just relaxing, my big toe feels like it is asleep. ???

john h on 8/29/02 at 14:21 (093892)

One of the test Doctors perform when checking for back problems is your ability to walk across a room on all your toes and then back across the room on your heels.

Kim R. on 8/31/02 at 17:01 (094085)

My physical therapist seemed to think he may have been taping me up to tightly. Personally, I think it is all the new flat shoes and the orthotics. He taped me a little differently yesterday. Seems like the toe is waking up a little today but I have been walking around in my Mephistos all day too. Who knows!

dave r on 8/29/02 at 12:02 (093881)

Which toes? Is it the Big toe in particular?

Necee on 8/29/02 at 12:16 (093883)

Yes, I have experienced that sensation, but don't know why. I'll be watching to see what others responses are. I'm sure it has something to do with the nerves in our feet.

Happy trails..

Necee

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 12:20 (093884)

Primarily the big toe, yes. It is worse in the a.m. when I take my night-splint off.

dave r on 8/29/02 at 12:37 (093885)

Are you able to stand on your tip toes? What other symptoms do you have? Have you ever been diagnosed with post tibial tendon dysfunction? I am not a doctor. I wore night splints for three years and never experianced that. Is your nightsplint very tight? Maybe its cutting of the circulation to your toes. I had that ocassional problem.

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 12:43 (093887)

I can stand on my toes I suppose as much as anyone can although it hurts my arch. It's like my big toe is asleep. No the only thing I have been diagnosed with is pf and heel spurs in my left foot caused by running and wearing high-heels. (tight achilles). But right now, sitting at my desk, without a shoe on just relaxing, my big toe feels like it is asleep. ???

john h on 8/29/02 at 14:21 (093892)

One of the test Doctors perform when checking for back problems is your ability to walk across a room on all your toes and then back across the room on your heels.

Kim R. on 8/31/02 at 17:01 (094085)

My physical therapist seemed to think he may have been taping me up to tightly. Personally, I think it is all the new flat shoes and the orthotics. He taped me a little differently yesterday. Seems like the toe is waking up a little today but I have been walking around in my Mephistos all day too. Who knows!