Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SHOES

Posted by Jeanne F on 8/29/02 at 17:48 (093905)

I recently was told about e-z coil shoes. Has anyone tried them? they can be viewed at e-zcoil.com. If anyone has tried them I'd be interested in their opinons.

Re: SHOES

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 18:20 (093911)

No but the best money I have ever spent was on a pair of Mephisto sandals and some Josef Seibel shoes to wear to the office.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 12:53 (094229)

Shoes, everytime I buy a pair that someone has recomended, birks, born, merrell, then I hear about another type to try, now the mephistos, ha ha when I am done with this I will have spent a fortune on shoes that all in the end, barely help the problem at all. I am not liking this situation very much at all. I swear I have 1,000 bucks worth of shoes in my closet at this time and am still in pain ! the birks are probably the best for my heel but then my arch gets sore after awhile. the new balance hurt all the time, the merrels are good, but what am I going to do come winter and the snow? I cannot wear sandals when the temps here are in the subzeros ha !

jonna p on 9/05/02 at 20:20 (094560)

Put the shoes you can not wear on ebay. Good active market in used shoes. Sometimes new or near new come along. I just snatched a pair o Mephisto Shark sandals up for $85.00. One size too big but I can deal with that. It gives me a chance to try out different brands for a fraction of retail price.

For a shoe report- I found the high arch of the Birk to be uncomfortable. The new Shark has a medium arch- noticable but not uncomfortable. I am a flat foot so a high arch in a shoe is a no no for me. Other shoes I have liked are Romika and Clarks. Make sure the person who is recommending the shoe has the same foot condition as you- makes a difference.

Hope this helps-

Kim R. on 8/29/02 at 18:20 (093911)

No but the best money I have ever spent was on a pair of Mephisto sandals and some Josef Seibel shoes to wear to the office.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 12:53 (094229)

Shoes, everytime I buy a pair that someone has recomended, birks, born, merrell, then I hear about another type to try, now the mephistos, ha ha when I am done with this I will have spent a fortune on shoes that all in the end, barely help the problem at all. I am not liking this situation very much at all. I swear I have 1,000 bucks worth of shoes in my closet at this time and am still in pain ! the birks are probably the best for my heel but then my arch gets sore after awhile. the new balance hurt all the time, the merrels are good, but what am I going to do come winter and the snow? I cannot wear sandals when the temps here are in the subzeros ha !

jonna p on 9/05/02 at 20:20 (094560)

Put the shoes you can not wear on ebay. Good active market in used shoes. Sometimes new or near new come along. I just snatched a pair o Mephisto Shark sandals up for $85.00. One size too big but I can deal with that. It gives me a chance to try out different brands for a fraction of retail price.

For a shoe report- I found the high arch of the Birk to be uncomfortable. The new Shark has a medium arch- noticable but not uncomfortable. I am a flat foot so a high arch in a shoe is a no no for me. Other shoes I have liked are Romika and Clarks. Make sure the person who is recommending the shoe has the same foot condition as you- makes a difference.

Hope this helps-