Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ok nnow what does this mean?????

Posted by carrie on 8/30/02 at 07:44 (093949)

I went to work yesterday, my usual 12 hour grueling shift, thinking I would be limping around. By about 2 hours after getting there I am in almost no pain. The pain is just gone. I don't know what I did, I mean I have been icing, stretching, pilates, swimming everyday, hot tub, etc, (taking bextra too) so I touch it, well the sore spots are still there to the touch but other than that, nothing, nada, when I walk I am normal again.

Oh, there is one off beat thing I did, that is to treat it with this little machine that you put the pad on the pain and then hold the machine( I swear it must be from 1920) my in laws insist this thing wil cure me.

so what do you guys think about this, could this all be too much coincidence and how long till the agony comes back?

happy but skeptical in Idaho

Re: ok nnow what does this mean?????

Julie on 8/30/02 at 09:45 (093969)

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Perhaps the improvement is due to something you're NOT doing now, rather than to something you are doing?

What if any changes have you made in the last few days?

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 10:00 (093977)

What is the machine? Please tell us all. Don't keep us in suspense.

Ellen J. on 8/30/02 at 20:16 (094026)

One other thought..
How long have you been taking the Bextra? I know nothing about Bextra, but am wondering if it's one of those meds that takes up to 2 or 3 weeks before the full benefit is seen. As I said, I don't know anything about it, but if you are at the 2 or 3 week point with that med, maybe it's now giving full benefit?
Whatever you are doing, keep it up! I'm happy for you!
Ellen J.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 11:16 (094218)

well so much for feeling better, now I am just where I was again. Yes I did over do it alittle bit, but gosh it gets old just sitting around the house all the time. I am at my witts end here!

carrie on 9/02/02 at 11:20 (094221)

I am not sure what it is realy, but it delivers an electric shock to the area it is applied to. I think that it would be the equivelent of a nerve type stimulator.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 12:48 (094227)

It has been about a month of taking the bextra, though it is my understanding that any anti inflammatory meds don't really help that much due to the lack of good blood supply to the heel area.

Andrue on 9/03/02 at 02:51 (094316)

I'm sorry to hear of your relapse. In my experience though recovery from setbacks is quite quick and seems to get quicker (probably a sign of overall recovery). I'm sure that we all agree about sitting in the house being a drag. I'm just grateful that the British summer has not been particularly good otherwise I think I'd have gone slightly insane:)

Julie on 8/30/02 at 09:45 (093969)

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Perhaps the improvement is due to something you're NOT doing now, rather than to something you are doing?

What if any changes have you made in the last few days?

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 10:00 (093977)

What is the machine? Please tell us all. Don't keep us in suspense.

Ellen J. on 8/30/02 at 20:16 (094026)

One other thought..
How long have you been taking the Bextra? I know nothing about Bextra, but am wondering if it's one of those meds that takes up to 2 or 3 weeks before the full benefit is seen. As I said, I don't know anything about it, but if you are at the 2 or 3 week point with that med, maybe it's now giving full benefit?
Whatever you are doing, keep it up! I'm happy for you!
Ellen J.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 11:16 (094218)

well so much for feeling better, now I am just where I was again. Yes I did over do it alittle bit, but gosh it gets old just sitting around the house all the time. I am at my witts end here!

carrie on 9/02/02 at 11:20 (094221)

I am not sure what it is realy, but it delivers an electric shock to the area it is applied to. I think that it would be the equivelent of a nerve type stimulator.

carrie on 9/02/02 at 12:48 (094227)

It has been about a month of taking the bextra, though it is my understanding that any anti inflammatory meds don't really help that much due to the lack of good blood supply to the heel area.

Andrue on 9/03/02 at 02:51 (094316)

I'm sorry to hear of your relapse. In my experience though recovery from setbacks is quite quick and seems to get quicker (probably a sign of overall recovery). I'm sure that we all agree about sitting in the house being a drag. I'm just grateful that the British summer has not been particularly good otherwise I think I'd have gone slightly insane:)