Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

where do i buy this stuff ?

Posted by pala on 8/30/02 at 09:12 (093960)

where do you gett he dmso and the desamthesone from? i would like to try this right away. i once had it from a physical therapist with the electrodes and it worked great. but my current pt does not do this procedure.

Re: where do i buy this stuff ?

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 09:55 (093974)

Find a new therapist. I believe this should be a common procedure. DMSO is available on the internet or from health food stores or any large animal health retailer. The dexamathesone is a prescription drug. I got it from a personal friend. Ask your doctor. Someone told me that it is available in oral form too.

pala on 8/30/02 at 12:38 (093986)

first, thanks for being so helpful and responsive to us. does your pt put a limit to how many dex treatments? my pt who used to do it would only do eight treatments a year but i could never get a sensible answer out of her as to why. also does anyone know if dex can be legally oredered from canada or somewhere out of the country?

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 15:51 (094000)

My therapist does 3 treatments a week on me. I am approaching week #4. No one has expressed any concerns about the # of sessions thus far. Maybe ask a doc. for that info. I would suggest looking south-of-the-border maybe for your dexamethasone. I have never ordered any pharmaceuticals through the mail but I have heard that you can get almost any Rx drug from Mexico without a prescription, however, it might just be easier just to buy an old race horse that has tendon problems and get your vet to prescribe it for him. Only kidding.

john h on 8/30/02 at 18:28 (094009)

Elliott: i see that one of those URL's had a table for $1200 and it did not even have the gravity boots. From my experience I would not want one that did not have gravity boots as if you were to slip out you would land flat on the top of your head.. From looking at those I think I like the one I had better and of course it came from the very inexpensive Sharper Image. the founder of Sharper Image is of course from Little Rock as is one the major warehouses and stores. Aside from all that my back still hurts. When one looks at back problems analyitially it makes sense there is little chance of this device working. I went to the Texas Back Institute which is on te leading edge of inovation for back problems and I sure did not see one in their rehab center.

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 09:55 (093974)

Find a new therapist. I believe this should be a common procedure. DMSO is available on the internet or from health food stores or any large animal health retailer. The dexamathesone is a prescription drug. I got it from a personal friend. Ask your doctor. Someone told me that it is available in oral form too.

pala on 8/30/02 at 12:38 (093986)

first, thanks for being so helpful and responsive to us. does your pt put a limit to how many dex treatments? my pt who used to do it would only do eight treatments a year but i could never get a sensible answer out of her as to why. also does anyone know if dex can be legally oredered from canada or somewhere out of the country?

Kim R. on 8/30/02 at 15:51 (094000)

My therapist does 3 treatments a week on me. I am approaching week #4. No one has expressed any concerns about the # of sessions thus far. Maybe ask a doc. for that info. I would suggest looking south-of-the-border maybe for your dexamethasone. I have never ordered any pharmaceuticals through the mail but I have heard that you can get almost any Rx drug from Mexico without a prescription, however, it might just be easier just to buy an old race horse that has tendon problems and get your vet to prescribe it for him. Only kidding.

john h on 8/30/02 at 18:28 (094009)

Elliott: i see that one of those URL's had a table for $1200 and it did not even have the gravity boots. From my experience I would not want one that did not have gravity boots as if you were to slip out you would land flat on the top of your head.. From looking at those I think I like the one I had better and of course it came from the very inexpensive Sharper Image. the founder of Sharper Image is of course from Little Rock as is one the major warehouses and stores. Aside from all that my back still hurts. When one looks at back problems analyitially it makes sense there is little chance of this device working. I went to the Texas Back Institute which is on te leading edge of inovation for back problems and I sure did not see one in their rehab center.