Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Could I have "triggered" PF in my "good" foot?

Posted by Barb M on 8/31/02 at 19:29 (094092)

Last week I hopped about 4 steps on my 'good' foot while bare-footed on a tile floor(why? well...) My foot was then fine when I went to bad. But I woke up in the middle of the night with a throbbing foot. The next morining I started experiencing sharp pain alongside the inner part of the arch and ankle. The pain shoots up my ankle with every step. Today the whole heel of my 'once normal' foot hurts. Is it possible that I could now have PF in my other foot? Do injuries always lead to PF? My first case with PF started with a heel injury. (my 'bad' foot was almost healed and now my 'good' foot is hurting--I never intened to have matching feet!)

Re: Could I have "triggered" PF in my "good" foot?

Mar on 9/01/02 at 09:38 (094120)

Barb -- I don't know if that's what happened to you, but a similar thing happened to me. I was misdiagnosed with a stress fracture after bunion surgery on my right foot, so walked on my heels of both feet coming down the steps and walking at work and by the end of the day I had severe PF in both heels. That happened in Nov 2001 and I am still in severe pain. Get it looked at and start treating it right away and stay off it as much as possible. i wish you luck and quick healing. Mar

Re: Could I have "triggered" PF in my "good" foot?

Mar on 9/01/02 at 09:38 (094120)

Barb -- I don't know if that's what happened to you, but a similar thing happened to me. I was misdiagnosed with a stress fracture after bunion surgery on my right foot, so walked on my heels of both feet coming down the steps and walking at work and by the end of the day I had severe PF in both heels. That happened in Nov 2001 and I am still in severe pain. Get it looked at and start treating it right away and stay off it as much as possible. i wish you luck and quick healing. Mar