Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Feet Peeling

Posted by Shan E. on 8/31/02 at 22:26 (094106)

MY FEET PEEL EVERY DAY! (Its the bottom of my heal and my big toe) EITHER IT DOES NATURALLY, OR THE SKIN IS SO HARD AND THICK THAT I CUT AND PULL IT OFF. IT DOESNT HURT UNLESS I PULL TOO MUCH AND IT GETS TO THE NERVE. WHY IS IT LIKE THAT AND HOW CAN I CORRECT IT? ITS BEEN DOING THIS FOR ABOUT 9 YEARS. I PUT LOTION ON BUT IT DOESNT HELP. ALSO THEY HAVE AN ORANGE TINT TO THEM. WHATS UP WITH THAT?

Re: Feet Peeling

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 13:00 (094443)

1. Cover feet with socks
2. Use loofah/abrasive scrubber on feet every single day after bath
3. use eucerin (sp?) every night, rub into feet (not necessary to wear socks to bed).

This will help. I used a prescription cream like ecerin and it really made a difference.

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 13:00 (094443)

1. Cover feet with socks
2. Use loofah/abrasive scrubber on feet every single day after bath
3. use eucerin (sp?) every night, rub into feet (not necessary to wear socks to bed).

This will help. I used a prescription cream like ecerin and it really made a difference.

Ashleigh on 2/23/05 at 13:07 (169709)

I have the same problem and i get to the point i just try to cut it all off and i know that isnt going to do nething

Nic B on 4/07/06 at 05:59 (197080)

My daughter had the same thing. It turned out that she had a golden staff infection in her foot. Her doctor gave her an antibiotic cream and all is well. But it does come back, so I just treat her with the same cream as soon as I notice it.