Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

SDO's update again

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 9/01/02 at 20:25 (094168)

Hi - I am wondering as another weekend rolls by, how you are doing in the SDO's? Hoping to hear from both you, Mahatmelissama & F.H. & any others who have the SDO's.

Re: SDO's update again

F.H. on 9/01/02 at 20:28 (094169)

Did reallly well with NO pain for about 4 days until I went and over did it.
Now I am in about a 3-4 pain level situation...but the SDO's still keep me walking and not limping. This flare up will calm down and I will be fine in a few days.
I still like them.

Re: well...

Mahatmelissama on 9/02/02 at 15:07 (094256)

look below..

I wore these flimsy vinyl clogs while putting away VCR tapes...stood on my feet long enough, my left foot flared up so bad I had to ice it after soaking it in a hot bath.

I just put on my SDOs and I realise they really do help more than anything else. I am going to have to go out and by slippers I can slip the orthotics in) since they are the most comfortable.

I just noticed today while in the bath...my left foot was all puffy and swollen (noticeably) but the right foot was not swollen like it used to be. I hope someday the left foot would catch up to the right foot (albeit the right foot still has a ways to go healing).

Dang it, I wish I would have worn the SDOs while standing for awhile...

F.H. on 9/03/02 at 08:37 (094330)

I ended up having to walk barefoot this past weekend!!!!! I haven't done that in forever. Well major flare up occured. So I know what you mean.
I feel better today though. I wear the orthotics every day all day long up until bed. The barefoot thing was a mishap that I could not avoid.

Re: Re:suggestion for FH

Julie on 9/03/02 at 09:08 (094335)

If the emergency that demands your walking barefoot recurs, try not going through the entire heel-to-ball-of-foot gait cycle. Instead walk slowly and carefully, planting the whole of each foot on the ground.

I'm not recommending going barefoot, but this might avoid a flare-up if you find yourself in the same situation again.

FH on 9/03/02 at 12:46 (094354)

It wasn't the emerg. room but thank you for the suggestion in case it ever happens again.

dave r on 9/06/02 at 12:49 (094620)

I havent had any luck wearing mine.

Re: How long have you been wearing them?

Mahatmelissama on 9/06/02 at 13:14 (094621)

?

FH on 9/07/02 at 15:20 (094707)

About 5 weeks.

Re: SDO's update again

F.H. on 9/01/02 at 20:28 (094169)

Did reallly well with NO pain for about 4 days until I went and over did it.
Now I am in about a 3-4 pain level situation...but the SDO's still keep me walking and not limping. This flare up will calm down and I will be fine in a few days.
I still like them.

Mahatmelissama on 9/02/02 at 15:07 (094256)

look below..

I wore these flimsy vinyl clogs while putting away VCR tapes...stood on my feet long enough, my left foot flared up so bad I had to ice it after soaking it in a hot bath.

I just put on my SDOs and I realise they really do help more than anything else. I am going to have to go out and by slippers I can slip the orthotics in) since they are the most comfortable.

I just noticed today while in the bath...my left foot was all puffy and swollen (noticeably) but the right foot was not swollen like it used to be. I hope someday the left foot would catch up to the right foot (albeit the right foot still has a ways to go healing).

Dang it, I wish I would have worn the SDOs while standing for awhile...

F.H. on 9/03/02 at 08:37 (094330)

I ended up having to walk barefoot this past weekend!!!!! I haven't done that in forever. Well major flare up occured. So I know what you mean.
I feel better today though. I wear the orthotics every day all day long up until bed. The barefoot thing was a mishap that I could not avoid.

Julie on 9/03/02 at 09:08 (094335)

If the emergency that demands your walking barefoot recurs, try not going through the entire heel-to-ball-of-foot gait cycle. Instead walk slowly and carefully, planting the whole of each foot on the ground.

I'm not recommending going barefoot, but this might avoid a flare-up if you find yourself in the same situation again.

FH on 9/03/02 at 12:46 (094354)

It wasn't the emerg. room but thank you for the suggestion in case it ever happens again.

dave r on 9/06/02 at 12:49 (094620)

I havent had any luck wearing mine.

Mahatmelissama on 9/06/02 at 13:14 (094621)

?

FH on 9/07/02 at 15:20 (094707)

About 5 weeks.