Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Sugery 9/19

Posted by Mary K. on 9/02/02 at 08:36 (094200)

Hello, I'm Mary. Some three years ago I had surgery for P.F. Recovery went smoothly and I was back on my feet in 8 weeks. For the past 9 minths I have tried conservative treatment for tarsal tunnel and it has failed. My doctor is a very good man and I trust him. Still I am afraid of another surgery on the same foot, but I can not walk around in this pain and not be able to do my normal activites either. If anyone out there has faced the same situation please post a message. Thank you.

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Sugery 9/19

kay on 9/02/02 at 19:11 (094285)

you mean it can come back?

thats a scarey thought. what would they do in the second surgery? the first one they release a tendon don't they? so if its already released what else could they do? i am confused.
kay

Mary K. on 9/03/02 at 11:34 (094346)

Hi Kay. TTS and P.F are two different conditions. The P.F. surgery required releasing the big ligament that runs along the bottom of your foot from beginning of toes to heel. TTS surgery will require cutting lacinate ligament that is just below and a little behind inside of ankle bone then the pressure is taken off the tibia nerve which is right next to it. Once you do a release surgery, it can only be done once.

kay on 9/04/02 at 07:33 (094425)

oh i knew that! i need to slow down when i read. lol
kay

kay on 9/02/02 at 19:11 (094285)

you mean it can come back?

thats a scarey thought. what would they do in the second surgery? the first one they release a tendon don't they? so if its already released what else could they do? i am confused.
kay

Mary K. on 9/03/02 at 11:34 (094346)

Hi Kay. TTS and P.F are two different conditions. The P.F. surgery required releasing the big ligament that runs along the bottom of your foot from beginning of toes to heel. TTS surgery will require cutting lacinate ligament that is just below and a little behind inside of ankle bone then the pressure is taken off the tibia nerve which is right next to it. Once you do a release surgery, it can only be done once.

kay on 9/04/02 at 07:33 (094425)

oh i knew that! i need to slow down when i read. lol
kay