Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CARRIE-N.B. SHOES

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 9/02/02 at 16:17 (094267)

Carrie, I agree - for a looong time last summer (yes, I've had pf since 4/2001!)-I couldn't wear sneakers - not even New Balance & not even w/ my custom prescribed orthotics. I found more comfort in my Birks with the hard footbeds (Boston Clogs were my favorite!) Now, though, I am beginning & I say beginning as they still aren't as cozy as Birks - but I am beginning to be able to wear NB sneakers w/ my orthotics. Yes, I am much improved over last year this time; but I am not over the hump still! PF keeps reminding me/haunting me of its presence!

Re: CARRIE-N.B. SHOES

Mahatmelissama on 9/03/02 at 17:17 (094380)

I aint the only one! Gloria Hallijiuah!

I wear Finn Comfort's with my orthotics...much like birks.

I HATE wearing sneakers...feel like my bottom of feet dont have enough
room, feel like toes go numb no matter how big the shoe is. With my finn comforts, I dont.

carrie on 9/05/02 at 16:42 (094539)

I only wear my new balance when I am at the gym, as soon as I get home I am out of them! my birks and my merrels are the best right now!

Not counting my 5 months of no pain(remission) I have had this PF for almost 3 years!

Necee on 9/11/02 at 01:00 (094983)

I hope that those 3 years of pain are gone for good Carrie. I have had PF for almost 2 years now, and I can honestly say that I'm getting better too.
It just takes time, and a lot of persistence.

Happy trails to you...

Necee

Carrie on 9/11/02 at 11:17 (095012)

Hey there thanks for writting. I have been getting the dexamethasone treatments from my PT twice weekly and am having major success with it. I am able to go to work and walk around a normal amount without hardly any pain at all. I still have the very sensitive spots on the left heel but other than that the pain when walking is greatly diminished. Wouldn't you know it that as soon as i start getting better I end up with a nasty core throat and flu that has landed me right in bed, so guess it is a good opportunity for lots of resting!

In a way maybe that was a good thing, keeps me from attemtpint to over do anything right?

ha ha thanks for thinking of me
Carrie

Mahatmelissama on 9/03/02 at 17:17 (094380)

I aint the only one! Gloria Hallijiuah!

I wear Finn Comfort's with my orthotics...much like birks.

I HATE wearing sneakers...feel like my bottom of feet dont have enough
room, feel like toes go numb no matter how big the shoe is. With my finn comforts, I dont.

carrie on 9/05/02 at 16:42 (094539)

I only wear my new balance when I am at the gym, as soon as I get home I am out of them! my birks and my merrels are the best right now!

Not counting my 5 months of no pain(remission) I have had this PF for almost 3 years!

Necee on 9/11/02 at 01:00 (094983)

I hope that those 3 years of pain are gone for good Carrie. I have had PF for almost 2 years now, and I can honestly say that I'm getting better too.
It just takes time, and a lot of persistence.

Happy trails to you...

Necee

Carrie on 9/11/02 at 11:17 (095012)

Hey there thanks for writting. I have been getting the dexamethasone treatments from my PT twice weekly and am having major success with it. I am able to go to work and walk around a normal amount without hardly any pain at all. I still have the very sensitive spots on the left heel but other than that the pain when walking is greatly diminished. Wouldn't you know it that as soon as i start getting better I end up with a nasty core throat and flu that has landed me right in bed, so guess it is a good opportunity for lots of resting!

In a way maybe that was a good thing, keeps me from attemtpint to over do anything right?

ha ha thanks for thinking of me
Carrie