Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF? Too long without treatment.

Posted by Bill T on 9/02/02 at 19:24 (094288)

I first had problems with plantar fasciitis about 8 years ago. Ice and insoles help the problem go away. This year I got back into volleyball really heavy, I believe I ended up with the problem again. I may have waited too long to start treating it with insoles again, or maybe it was more severe this time around. I was playing in a tournament two days ago, and when I jumped it felt like something 'snapped' in front of my heal, and there is some discoloration on the outside of my heal now. Could I have actually torn the plantar fascia? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sincerely, Bill T.

Re: PF? Too long without treatment.

Dr. Z on 9/02/02 at 19:48 (094289)

Hi
Yes you could of torn or partial torn the plantar fascia or some of the intrinic muscles that surround the pf. Ice, rest and an evaluation by a podiatrist is very important. no volleyball until you have seen the doctor

Bill T on 9/02/02 at 19:52 (094292)

Thank you Dr. Z, that is what I was afraid of. Ice and rest are already on the way, Doctor to follow.

Dr. Z on 9/02/02 at 19:48 (094289)

Hi
Yes you could of torn or partial torn the plantar fascia or some of the intrinic muscles that surround the pf. Ice, rest and an evaluation by a podiatrist is very important. no volleyball until you have seen the doctor

Bill T on 9/02/02 at 19:52 (094292)

Thank you Dr. Z, that is what I was afraid of. Ice and rest are already on the way, Doctor to follow.