Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Howdy!

Posted by Necee on 9/03/02 at 08:07 (094327)

Hope that ya'll enjoyed your weekend....now get back to work America!

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Howdy!

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 08:16 (094329)

I know I did! I'm back at work now but it's nice to know that I'm all moved in and everything is unpacked and put away. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 9/03/02 at 16:04 (094375)

Yes, it's back to work! Today's our 21st day of school. Time was when school began after Labor Day. At least we have air conditioning now!

Suzanne :-)

Nancy N on 9/03/02 at 18:36 (094384)

Carole--

You must have broken a record for unpacking after a move!! Seriously, it took me several weeks, and I didn't have nearly as much stuff when I moved as I do now. How did you do it?? Or did your movers unpack for you?

Necee on 9/03/02 at 18:55 (094385)

Wow Carole, you must be 'wonder woman'. To have everything unpacked and put in place, that is amazing. I want you to come help me when I move.
Seriously....I know how it is, when I'm involved in doing something, I wont stop until its done.

Have the neighbors stopped by yet?

Happy trails....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:10 (094386)

No, they didn't unpack for me at all, but I was really WIRED... naturally, of course, because I was so excited about the move. I just can't express what a big deal having my own home is for me. I even woke up at 3 AM the day of the move.

I got a head start by beginning my packing early, and by taking my dishes over to the house myself the week before. That helped too. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:13 (094387)

I'm the same way; I don't like to quit until I'm done. Plus, I've moved dozens and dozens of times in my life, even though I hate moving... and I've found that if I don't unpack a box the first week it never gets unpacked and will stay packed even years later. I've never managed to unpack ALL my boxes before in a move, but wanted to do so this time. And, I did it. :)

Re: neighbors

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:20 (094388)

I forgot to answer your question about whether the neighbors had stopped by. At least 8 different families of neighbors stopped by and said hello during the week before I moved... when I was sweaty and dirty and carrying boxes in from the car, and didn't even have a sofa to sit on yet. Since then, the doorbell has rung four times with a small child plus parents in tow, selling 'candy for St. Christophers School' for a dollar, and I bought some from each. The neighbors all seem very friendly, and some of them have known one another for years.

Carole C

nancy s. on 9/03/02 at 21:12 (094400)

carole, can i hire you next time we move (if ever!)? we moved last november 6, and we still haven't finished unpacking. five stars for YOU.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 21:14 (094401)

Thank you! I never want to move ever again, never ever. Of course, I said this the last 23049865 time I moved too. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 08:16 (094329)

I know I did! I'm back at work now but it's nice to know that I'm all moved in and everything is unpacked and put away. :)

Carole C

Suzanne D on 9/03/02 at 16:04 (094375)

Yes, it's back to work! Today's our 21st day of school. Time was when school began after Labor Day. At least we have air conditioning now!

Suzanne :-)

Nancy N on 9/03/02 at 18:36 (094384)

Carole--

You must have broken a record for unpacking after a move!! Seriously, it took me several weeks, and I didn't have nearly as much stuff when I moved as I do now. How did you do it?? Or did your movers unpack for you?

Necee on 9/03/02 at 18:55 (094385)

Wow Carole, you must be 'wonder woman'. To have everything unpacked and put in place, that is amazing. I want you to come help me when I move.
Seriously....I know how it is, when I'm involved in doing something, I wont stop until its done.

Have the neighbors stopped by yet?

Happy trails....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:10 (094386)

No, they didn't unpack for me at all, but I was really WIRED... naturally, of course, because I was so excited about the move. I just can't express what a big deal having my own home is for me. I even woke up at 3 AM the day of the move.

I got a head start by beginning my packing early, and by taking my dishes over to the house myself the week before. That helped too. :)

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:13 (094387)

I'm the same way; I don't like to quit until I'm done. Plus, I've moved dozens and dozens of times in my life, even though I hate moving... and I've found that if I don't unpack a box the first week it never gets unpacked and will stay packed even years later. I've never managed to unpack ALL my boxes before in a move, but wanted to do so this time. And, I did it. :)

Re: neighbors

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 19:20 (094388)

I forgot to answer your question about whether the neighbors had stopped by. At least 8 different families of neighbors stopped by and said hello during the week before I moved... when I was sweaty and dirty and carrying boxes in from the car, and didn't even have a sofa to sit on yet. Since then, the doorbell has rung four times with a small child plus parents in tow, selling 'candy for St. Christophers School' for a dollar, and I bought some from each. The neighbors all seem very friendly, and some of them have known one another for years.

Carole C

nancy s. on 9/03/02 at 21:12 (094400)

carole, can i hire you next time we move (if ever!)? we moved last november 6, and we still haven't finished unpacking. five stars for YOU.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/03/02 at 21:14 (094401)

Thank you! I never want to move ever again, never ever. Of course, I said this the last 23049865 time I moved too. :)

Carole C