Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

PF: Anyone feel 'hot feet" in tennis shoe?

Posted by ARK on 9/03/02 at 09:01 (094333)

I can't stand to have any tennis shoe on my foot for more
than an hour. My feet feel like they are warm & sweaty
when they really aren't. I know I have some nerve
involvement, not just PF. Does anyone with PF feel warm feet
in shoes?

Re: PF: Anyone feel 'hot feet" in tennis shoe?

BrianG on 9/03/02 at 10:42 (094343)

Hi ARK,

I'm petty sure one of the side effects for peripheral neuropathy is hot feet. PN is a nerve disorder. You may want to check it out. Good luck.

BrianG

PS: I have PF, and don't have hot feet.

Re: May I interject?

FH on 9/03/02 at 16:45 (094376)

Many Many Many people with PF have hot feet as well. Of course it is necessary to make sure it's not pn or something more serious, but don't panic yet.

Re: If I stand too long...my feet "itch" after cramping and soreness...weird (eom)

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 22:58 (094497)

carrie on 9/05/02 at 16:40 (094538)

OH YES I HAVE HAD THIS FOR ALONG TIME !!!! this is a big issue for me, I hate closed shoes period, which is why I always wear open toed sandals or clogs.

Kim R. on 9/09/02 at 10:38 (094816)

Yes, the foot with pf feels either hot or cold, mostly cold and big toe is asleep. On occasion, my good foot feels weird too. I have a sneaking suspicion this has something to do with my custom orthotics. I hope so anyway, I don't need any more medical issues to deal with, the pf is enough. Does anyone know what is causing this? I made the mistake of doing a general search on 'numb toes' and came up with quite an array of disorders ranging from diabetic neuropathy to alcohol induced neuropathy - the mind WILL begin to play tricks on you after reading some of this. Any feedback on this matter from those of you have actually overcome this?

Carmen H on 9/09/02 at 19:58 (094859)

You are correct Kim...the mind will start to convince you that you have many other ailments. I fell into that trap with the feet too....try NOT thinking about it at all...as hard as that seems.
I think the major source of burning is inflammation for most pf'ers....but each case is independent so no one really knows but you.
Try not to stress to much about anything it can make things worse. But KNOW you are not alone....

BrianG on 9/03/02 at 10:42 (094343)

Hi ARK,

I'm petty sure one of the side effects for peripheral neuropathy is hot feet. PN is a nerve disorder. You may want to check it out. Good luck.

BrianG

PS: I have PF, and don't have hot feet.

Re: May I interject?

FH on 9/03/02 at 16:45 (094376)

Many Many Many people with PF have hot feet as well. Of course it is necessary to make sure it's not pn or something more serious, but don't panic yet.

Re: If I stand too long...my feet "itch" after cramping and soreness...weird (eom)

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 22:58 (094497)

carrie on 9/05/02 at 16:40 (094538)

OH YES I HAVE HAD THIS FOR ALONG TIME !!!! this is a big issue for me, I hate closed shoes period, which is why I always wear open toed sandals or clogs.

Kim R. on 9/09/02 at 10:38 (094816)

Yes, the foot with pf feels either hot or cold, mostly cold and big toe is asleep. On occasion, my good foot feels weird too. I have a sneaking suspicion this has something to do with my custom orthotics. I hope so anyway, I don't need any more medical issues to deal with, the pf is enough. Does anyone know what is causing this? I made the mistake of doing a general search on 'numb toes' and came up with quite an array of disorders ranging from diabetic neuropathy to alcohol induced neuropathy - the mind WILL begin to play tricks on you after reading some of this. Any feedback on this matter from those of you have actually overcome this?

Carmen H on 9/09/02 at 19:58 (094859)

You are correct Kim...the mind will start to convince you that you have many other ailments. I fell into that trap with the feet too....try NOT thinking about it at all...as hard as that seems.
I think the major source of burning is inflammation for most pf'ers....but each case is independent so no one really knows but you.
Try not to stress to much about anything it can make things worse. But KNOW you are not alone....