Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

TTS/PF

Posted by Jane T on 9/03/02 at 13:57 (094357)

Clinically I have intractable PF now complicated by TTS in the R foot. I am using ice, tape, orthotics, elevation, rest, night splint., neurontin. Stretching seems to hurt the nerve. ESWT did not seem to help.
One of my doctors recommends a bone scan and an EMG. The other doctor recommends an MRI. I am scheduled for the MRi, and I think that it should show what would be in a bone scan. What about the EMG?
I am fairly sure my problem is overpronation.

Re: TTS/PF

kay on 9/07/02 at 07:39 (094672)

what is overpronation? is it when your foot falls from one side or the other? if so can a certain shoe or insert correct that? my feet always rolled to the outside a little bit. not much where you'd notice it but when i wear soft shoes it wears on the outside. thats how i know.
kay

Julie on 9/07/02 at 14:20 (094696)

Kay, pronation is the natural rolling-in motion of the foot after the heel strikes the ground. Over-pronation is when that motion is exaggerated, producing strain on the plantar fascia and other structures.

kay on 9/07/02 at 07:39 (094672)

what is overpronation? is it when your foot falls from one side or the other? if so can a certain shoe or insert correct that? my feet always rolled to the outside a little bit. not much where you'd notice it but when i wear soft shoes it wears on the outside. thats how i know.
kay

Julie on 9/07/02 at 14:20 (094696)

Kay, pronation is the natural rolling-in motion of the foot after the heel strikes the ground. Over-pronation is when that motion is exaggerated, producing strain on the plantar fascia and other structures.