Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Evotron

Posted by Mark Emeny on 9/04/02 at 03:59 (094416)

Has anyone heard of Evotron treatment? There is a clinic here in UK who is pushing this treatment, and claims that they had 76% success rate in the US. Maybe this is the same as Shockwave therapy.

Re: Evotron

Pete R on 9/04/02 at 12:03 (094440)

I had ESWT (i.e shockwave therapy) via the Evotron machine at Citysport in
Epsom in July although I haven't had any improvement. This maybe me rather than the machine itself, we're all different.

There's also a place in Chichester called the Oving clinic (they have a web site) which does ESWT using the Reflectrom machine (made by the manufactures of the Evotron, but not as powerful apparently). They are more expensive than Epsom but also use ultrasound to view the site of the injury to be hit by the shockwaves, which I think must be an advantage in giving more accurate treatment ....most dr's on this site agree.

I may try a second treatment if there is no further improvemnt in the coming weeks.

I also originally had some ESWT treatment in Chelsea but won't be going back.

The heel pain book on this site gives some good info on what ESWT is all about. I'm not sure about the claimed success rate given the people reporting on this site but there appears to be no downsides with ESWT, so it's worth a try.

I live in Birmingham so if you find of anywhere else in the UK doing ESWT let me know.

Pete

Re: ESWT in UK

Julie on 9/04/02 at 13:34 (094448)

Pete

You've researched ESWT, so perhaps you can say - isn't anyone using the Dornier? Dornier is a German company, as far as I know, and I'd have thought it would be one of the first to find it's way across the Channel.

BrianG on 9/04/02 at 22:07 (094488)

Hi Julie,

I believe that Dornier dropped the ball when it came to treating PF. They had the first machines for treating stones, but other companies beat them to the punch when it came to heels.

BrianG

Dr. Z on 9/04/02 at 22:33 (094492)

Dornier still is the market leader in world wide ESWT treatments. They control 58% of the world wide market

Bill E on 9/05/02 at 19:47 (094558)

Dr. Z How is that market share for dornier calculated per heel or per treatment? Is successful outcomes factored in or just treatments. Thanks

Dr. Z on 9/05/02 at 21:30 (094575)

Not sure what you are asking. ?? Are you asking what is the cost per treatment with ESWT?

Bill E on 9/05/02 at 21:49 (094579)

The 58% world wide market share number, just curious if that is 58% of all treatments (eswt sessions) or 58% of feet or cases (not sure what docs call it) or 58% of the money charged for the eswt procedure. I guess how big is the market and how is it measured? In other words does the number represent 58 out of 100 feet, or 58 treatments out of 100(with each foot treated 3 times so only 19 feet) or 58 dollars out of a $100 market.

Dr. Z on 9/05/02 at 21:57 (094580)

I believe it is the number of dornier machines sold in the world.

Don.S on 9/06/02 at 06:33 (094590)

Sorry for butting in however, I see the real goal for ESWT is to treat patients not to get into the semantics of which equipment is good, better or best. Data can be manipulated by the manufacturers and by practitioners alike. Four years ago when ESWT was introduced into Australia I was the first Podiatrist to see ESWT in action and my wife was the 27th person in Australia to benefits from the course of treatments.

Don Scott

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:39 (094603)

No that is the point. Like everything else there are presumably good and bad machines out there, although success is also due to the skill of the pod giving the treatment. Patients are paying big money for the treatment and research is key to find out the best machines and pod's

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:46 (094605)

Unless I've missed something there are no Dornier's in the UK.....which i do find hard to believe. Bear in mind tracking down info is difficult and limited mainly to Pod's advertsing on the net. I have tried e mailing contacting manufacturers direct and this has had nil response.

I have only found 3 places in the UK who offer ESWT which again is hard to believe. I have contacted UK members if ISMT and have had NO response from any of them. I have even contacted German members, and approx 5 replied. I subsequently spoke to 3 on the phone who offered me some treatment, but not with ultrasound. This is still an option.

Sunny in Canada gave me some German contacts but again no response to e mails. I'm trying, and will kepp doing so.

You know how our thoughts on Pod's in the UK differ, well I saw another one who came up with a different idea for my pf. The supposed improvement in my pf hasn't yet materialised but I need to give it time. I'll let you know how it works out.....as you know I'm a cynic so I'm not too confident. But nothing ventured !

Re: To Julie

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:47 (094606)

My last message should have been our response to your question on the Dornier above

Julie on 9/06/02 at 09:53 (094608)

Thanks Pete (I did realise this was your response to my query)!

It's indeed surprising there are no Dorniers in the UK - but you've done your research, so you're probably right. Strange. But strange things do happen.

What is your new pod's idea? I hope it's a better one than you've had so far. Do let me know.

Re: Evotron

Pete R on 9/04/02 at 12:03 (094440)

I had ESWT (i.e shockwave therapy) via the Evotron machine at Citysport in
Epsom in July although I haven't had any improvement. This maybe me rather than the machine itself, we're all different.

There's also a place in Chichester called the Oving clinic (they have a web site) which does ESWT using the Reflectrom machine (made by the manufactures of the Evotron, but not as powerful apparently). They are more expensive than Epsom but also use ultrasound to view the site of the injury to be hit by the shockwaves, which I think must be an advantage in giving more accurate treatment ....most dr's on this site agree.

I may try a second treatment if there is no further improvemnt in the coming weeks.

I also originally had some ESWT treatment in Chelsea but won't be going back.

The heel pain book on this site gives some good info on what ESWT is all about. I'm not sure about the claimed success rate given the people reporting on this site but there appears to be no downsides with ESWT, so it's worth a try.

I live in Birmingham so if you find of anywhere else in the UK doing ESWT let me know.

Pete

Julie on 9/04/02 at 13:34 (094448)

Pete

You've researched ESWT, so perhaps you can say - isn't anyone using the Dornier? Dornier is a German company, as far as I know, and I'd have thought it would be one of the first to find it's way across the Channel.

BrianG on 9/04/02 at 22:07 (094488)

Hi Julie,

I believe that Dornier dropped the ball when it came to treating PF. They had the first machines for treating stones, but other companies beat them to the punch when it came to heels.

BrianG

Dr. Z on 9/04/02 at 22:33 (094492)

Dornier still is the market leader in world wide ESWT treatments. They control 58% of the world wide market

Bill E on 9/05/02 at 19:47 (094558)

Dr. Z How is that market share for dornier calculated per heel or per treatment? Is successful outcomes factored in or just treatments. Thanks

Dr. Z on 9/05/02 at 21:30 (094575)

Not sure what you are asking. ?? Are you asking what is the cost per treatment with ESWT?

Bill E on 9/05/02 at 21:49 (094579)

The 58% world wide market share number, just curious if that is 58% of all treatments (eswt sessions) or 58% of feet or cases (not sure what docs call it) or 58% of the money charged for the eswt procedure. I guess how big is the market and how is it measured? In other words does the number represent 58 out of 100 feet, or 58 treatments out of 100(with each foot treated 3 times so only 19 feet) or 58 dollars out of a $100 market.

Dr. Z on 9/05/02 at 21:57 (094580)

I believe it is the number of dornier machines sold in the world.

Don.S on 9/06/02 at 06:33 (094590)

Sorry for butting in however, I see the real goal for ESWT is to treat patients not to get into the semantics of which equipment is good, better or best. Data can be manipulated by the manufacturers and by practitioners alike. Four years ago when ESWT was introduced into Australia I was the first Podiatrist to see ESWT in action and my wife was the 27th person in Australia to benefits from the course of treatments.

Don Scott

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:39 (094603)

No that is the point. Like everything else there are presumably good and bad machines out there, although success is also due to the skill of the pod giving the treatment. Patients are paying big money for the treatment and research is key to find out the best machines and pod's

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:46 (094605)

Unless I've missed something there are no Dornier's in the UK.....which i do find hard to believe. Bear in mind tracking down info is difficult and limited mainly to Pod's advertsing on the net. I have tried e mailing contacting manufacturers direct and this has had nil response.

I have only found 3 places in the UK who offer ESWT which again is hard to believe. I have contacted UK members if ISMT and have had NO response from any of them. I have even contacted German members, and approx 5 replied. I subsequently spoke to 3 on the phone who offered me some treatment, but not with ultrasound. This is still an option.

Sunny in Canada gave me some German contacts but again no response to e mails. I'm trying, and will kepp doing so.

You know how our thoughts on Pod's in the UK differ, well I saw another one who came up with a different idea for my pf. The supposed improvement in my pf hasn't yet materialised but I need to give it time. I'll let you know how it works out.....as you know I'm a cynic so I'm not too confident. But nothing ventured !

Re: To Julie

Pete R on 9/06/02 at 09:47 (094606)

My last message should have been our response to your question on the Dornier above

Julie on 9/06/02 at 09:53 (094608)

Thanks Pete (I did realise this was your response to my query)!

It's indeed surprising there are no Dorniers in the UK - but you've done your research, so you're probably right. Strange. But strange things do happen.

What is your new pod's idea? I hope it's a better one than you've had so far. Do let me know.