Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am getting slightly oh so slightly better

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 22:56 (094495)

I thought I might put the positive things in here:
- I don't have lots of pain anymore while sitting in the car
- I am slightly more flexible in my feet and legs (chiropractor bends and tortures them more and more)
- I am working out longer

What I am doing:
-wearing SDOs and NOT going barefoot much anymore
-going to chiro once a week for more friendly torture (he either uses back electrical torture device on back or ultrasound on feet...he tortures feet and back)...I feel better now every time I leave there
-icing when foot swells up
-taking warm to hot baths every day
-massaging feet when I remember
-getting massage therapy for 90 minutes once every month and 1/2
-got parafin wax thing...nice chiro melting wax for me since I am afraid to leave thing on for 12 hours to melt it (trying that next)
-use foot massager I got from chiro to heat and massage feet
-trying to lose weight by Weight Watchers and lifting weights
(sit when standing is too much and am careful)

:D

Re: forgot to say...taking 2 aleve in AM and PM too (eom)

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 22:57 (094496)

Re: Glad to hear it! Better than getting worse, anyway.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/05/02 at 10:33 (094521)

It's great to read about someone improving. It sounds like you are doing everything right.

One thing I'm wondering about is that you mention you aren't going barefoot much any more. I'm not sure exactly what you mean (maybe you are including sitting and lying down time) but it might be worth not going barefoot ever any more, at least not when you are standing or walking around or sitting with the weight of your legs resting on your feet. That could help a lot. When my PF was bad I could tell if I took just a step or two barefoot, because my feet would hurt the next day.

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Carole C

Re: I am getting slightly oh so slightly better

CatherineL on 9/05/02 at 14:05 (094531)

Yes 'friendly torture' is the TRUE meaning of 'Chiropractic'

:o)

Suzanne D on 9/06/02 at 18:49 (094637)

Melissa, I am glad to read of your improvement! I remember how nice it was when my feet stopped throbbing while riding in the car and also when the pain eased while in bed so it quit waking me up at night.

I agree with Carole: try not to EVER go barefoot! Not even for one step.

My pod prescribed the NSAID Naproxin for me which I found out later is what Alleve is. So that sounds like you're doing another good thing for your feet.

Take care, and best wishes!
Suzanne :-)

Necee on 9/11/02 at 00:56 (094982)

Glad to read that you're getting better. I hope it continues. There's nothing that starts the day any better than morning prayer, and those first steps that are painfree!

Happy trails to you....

Necee

Mahatmelissama on 9/04/02 at 22:57 (094496)

Re: Glad to hear it! Better than getting worse, anyway.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/05/02 at 10:33 (094521)

It's great to read about someone improving. It sounds like you are doing everything right.

One thing I'm wondering about is that you mention you aren't going barefoot much any more. I'm not sure exactly what you mean (maybe you are including sitting and lying down time) but it might be worth not going barefoot ever any more, at least not when you are standing or walking around or sitting with the weight of your legs resting on your feet. That could help a lot. When my PF was bad I could tell if I took just a step or two barefoot, because my feet would hurt the next day.

I'm so glad you are feeling better!

Carole C

CatherineL on 9/05/02 at 14:05 (094531)

Yes 'friendly torture' is the TRUE meaning of 'Chiropractic'

:o)

Suzanne D on 9/06/02 at 18:49 (094637)

Melissa, I am glad to read of your improvement! I remember how nice it was when my feet stopped throbbing while riding in the car and also when the pain eased while in bed so it quit waking me up at night.

I agree with Carole: try not to EVER go barefoot! Not even for one step.

My pod prescribed the NSAID Naproxin for me which I found out later is what Alleve is. So that sounds like you're doing another good thing for your feet.

Take care, and best wishes!
Suzanne :-)

Necee on 9/11/02 at 00:56 (094982)

Glad to read that you're getting better. I hope it continues. There's nothing that starts the day any better than morning prayer, and those first steps that are painfree!

Happy trails to you....

Necee