Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Now what?

Posted by Mike M on 9/06/02 at 07:30 (094593)

Good day board. I had TTS/PF done 17 months ago and a re-open for scar tissue removal a year ago. Still having problems, my POD referred me to a Dr. Dellon in Balto, who diagnosed me with: Neuroma of the calcaneal nerve with neuroma of the medial plantar. Whatever all that means.
My problem started a few years ago, when I fell and completely fractured the fifth metatarsual.

Anyway, having a love for outdoor activities - trout fishing, walking, hiking and biking, I decided to push myself after this long and see how much I could do and live with, before thinking of a fourth operation. Recently I completed (with pain - yes) some hiking in Canada.

Now here's the funny -
Today I wake up, with the alarm going off, and yes, I have been still having pain, but when I go to get up, I can not put weight on the affected leg. It was numb from the knee down, and when I went to stand, I ended up on the floor on my knees. Nice wake up call.
Is this something I need to be concerned about? Or maybe not related?

Thanks and I wish you all well.
Mike

Re: Now what?

elliott on 9/06/02 at 09:04 (094599)

Well, what did Dr. Dellon say?

Also, what prompted the re-open for scar tissue?

-----

wendyn on 9/06/02 at 18:23 (094632)

Mike - that's AWFUL.

I would be very concerned.

What's it like now?

KathyB on 9/06/02 at 18:49 (094635)

First of all, I am so sorry to here about your back slide. This is not good and I hope the best for you. I believe a neuroma is a mass of nerves. I rememaber having a Morton's neuroma after one of my surgeries, (a very small one between my toes) I am sure you do not need to be told, call doctor now, not later. I bet it is related to your hiking, I know I went to a science fiction con in Atlanta last weekend and am still recovering.

Barbara E on 9/06/02 at 21:39 (094658)

KathyB - I don't mean to derail this thread but were you at DragonCon?? I was there - maybe we passed each other!!

KathyB on 9/07/02 at 19:27 (094721)

Yes, I was a dealer, row F, with furry dragons, Draglings, and fiber optic cat's eye balls. It was hard to miss us.

Sharon W on 9/07/02 at 23:39 (094735)

Very Cool. Been a while since I went to a Con...

Sharon

Donna on 9/13/02 at 18:05 (095280)

I have been on this site a couple of times reading what other people have to say. I live in Alaska and was told I had TTS, just by chance the Dr. I was referred to went to one of Dr. Dellon seminars. My Dr. came back from there with great news and hopes of helping me. He did his own nerve study even though I had had the two other ones done before. I recommend the nerve test Dr. Dellon actually invented (noninvasive). To make a long story short by chance Dr. Dellon came up here to help my Dr. with some of his more difficult surgeries and I was one of them. I am 2 weeks post-op and going back to work next week. I recommend Dr. Dellon and his procedures, I didn't really like the walker part but have used it. Hope you get better and go see Dr. Dellon. If you haven't looked him up on the internet, do so and just as an FYI he is also a Professor at Johns Hopkins Medical School.

elliott on 9/06/02 at 09:04 (094599)

Well, what did Dr. Dellon say?

Also, what prompted the re-open for scar tissue?

-----

wendyn on 9/06/02 at 18:23 (094632)

Mike - that's AWFUL.

I would be very concerned.

What's it like now?

KathyB on 9/06/02 at 18:49 (094635)

First of all, I am so sorry to here about your back slide. This is not good and I hope the best for you. I believe a neuroma is a mass of nerves. I rememaber having a Morton's neuroma after one of my surgeries, (a very small one between my toes) I am sure you do not need to be told, call doctor now, not later. I bet it is related to your hiking, I know I went to a science fiction con in Atlanta last weekend and am still recovering.

Barbara E on 9/06/02 at 21:39 (094658)

KathyB - I don't mean to derail this thread but were you at DragonCon?? I was there - maybe we passed each other!!

KathyB on 9/07/02 at 19:27 (094721)

Yes, I was a dealer, row F, with furry dragons, Draglings, and fiber optic cat's eye balls. It was hard to miss us.

Sharon W on 9/07/02 at 23:39 (094735)

Very Cool. Been a while since I went to a Con...

Sharon

Donna on 9/13/02 at 18:05 (095280)

I have been on this site a couple of times reading what other people have to say. I live in Alaska and was told I had TTS, just by chance the Dr. I was referred to went to one of Dr. Dellon seminars. My Dr. came back from there with great news and hopes of helping me. He did his own nerve study even though I had had the two other ones done before. I recommend the nerve test Dr. Dellon actually invented (noninvasive). To make a long story short by chance Dr. Dellon came up here to help my Dr. with some of his more difficult surgeries and I was one of them. I am 2 weeks post-op and going back to work next week. I recommend Dr. Dellon and his procedures, I didn't really like the walker part but have used it. Hope you get better and go see Dr. Dellon. If you haven't looked him up on the internet, do so and just as an FYI he is also a Professor at Johns Hopkins Medical School.