Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Difference in ESWT machines

Posted by Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 9/06/02 at 07:59 (094596)

Re: Dr. Z's comments:
As I am informed, Dornier Medical Division, previously a division of Mercedes Benz, Germany, is now owned by a Singapore consortium. However, they still produce quality lithotriptors and ESWT equipment. And as many teaching institutions who have done ESWT research would be able confirm, there are several equally good ESWT equipments and manufacturers such as Siemens, Storz, HMT, etc.

I respect Dr. Z's clinical advice and the time he spends for this message board. However, when he wears a Dornier salesman's hat, the value of his information deteriorates. The eqipment comparison statistics and opinion about various equipments seem to be simplistic and possibly misleading.

Re: Difference in ESWT machines

Dr. Z on 9/06/02 at 18:58 (094641)

I am always willing to listen. Just explain to me which information is too simplistic and possibly misleading and I will be very change to change it. I do use Dornier equipment as you know. My only experience is with the ossatron and the dornier and the big O. No other company is FDA approved in the USA so I can only talk about those that are and those that I have used. There is always going to be better devices and better methods of treatment but in my opinion the dornier epos is the best and the FDA one year studies prove this. Just today I reviewed the Ossatron one year Roles and Maudsley scoring for the ossatron . The results were 81% compared to 94%. That in my opinion is a major difference in results.

Re: Difference in ESWT machines

Dr. Z on 9/06/02 at 18:58 (094641)

I am always willing to listen. Just explain to me which information is too simplistic and possibly misleading and I will be very change to change it. I do use Dornier equipment as you know. My only experience is with the ossatron and the dornier and the big O. No other company is FDA approved in the USA so I can only talk about those that are and those that I have used. There is always going to be better devices and better methods of treatment but in my opinion the dornier epos is the best and the FDA one year studies prove this. Just today I reviewed the Ossatron one year Roles and Maudsley scoring for the ossatron . The results were 81% compared to 94%. That in my opinion is a major difference in results.