Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Good morning!

Posted by Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 06:53 (094668)

It's Saturday at last, hurrah! A great morning to wake up slowly and don't forget to stretch and relax those foot muscles while you read the message board. :)

Carole C

Re: Good morning!

john h on 9/07/02 at 08:51 (094677)

Carole: it is Saturday-hurrah! Time to mow the yard, edge the grass, vacume the house. trim some trees, empty the garbage and cat litter boxes, put up the dishes. and clean out the flower beds. It does not get any better than this!

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 10:15 (094682)

John, your good cheer is overwhelming! :)

My dishes are already put up, my garbage is emptied, I don't have a cat to fill up the litter boxes, and I mowed and edged after work on Thursday.

I do want to set up my fish tank and vacuum sometime this weekend, and go shopping for a push broom and weedeater, but weekends are loooooong. :)

Carole C

Re: just so you don't think I'm loafing...

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 11:03 (094687)

Just so you don't think I'm loafing, John, I'm working SO hard washing clothes right this very minute! I tossed them in the washer, and I'm putting in a lot of work sitting here listening to the washer scrub away at them while I type. When they're done, I'll toss them in the dryer and continue reading the board.

We are so lucky to be living in the 21st century!

After I've finished all the oh-so-hard work of washing the clothes and putting them away (the closet is about six feet from the dryer), I will have to think of something else.

I could wash the dishes, but the dishwasher already did that for me last night.

Maybe I will just have to stroll around my new house behind the vacuum cleaner. It's such a rough life. The house hasn't had time to get dirty yet, but the carpet in the living room gets little fuzz balls if I wear my New Balance in there.

Or, I could drive around looking at houses I didn't buy, re-assuring myself that I got the best one for me in the universe. On the way home, I can stop and buy that push broom, weedeater, and oh yes, I also need pruning shears. Then I could use them.

I could buy the furniture for the 'reading nook' that I have planned, but there's no rush. Maybe I could browse through some garage sales just to see if they have anything nice.

I just love Saturdays!

Carole C

Re: Carole

wendyn on 9/07/02 at 11:17 (094688)

I'm actually having an abnormally quiet weekend myself. Hubby is out of town deep sea-salmon fishing, teenagers are at work...and I don't start school again till Monday.

I have plenty of things I 'could' be doing, but nothing that I really 'have' to do this morning. Last night was like that too, I had plans with a friend, but she had a family emergency and I actually had the night to just hang out around the house.

It was weird.

But relaxing.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 11:21 (094689)

Isn't it fun? :)

I just love Saturdays. When I retire, I hope is it like an endless Saturday.

Carole C

john h on 9/07/02 at 14:27 (094698)

Carole & Wendy: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The Couch, Collge and tomoroow the PROS! What a life---

Re: speaking of football and Saturdays...

Suzanne D on 9/07/02 at 15:58 (094713)

Actually I don't even understand football. (We didn't have a team when I was in high school, and I have two daughters who have been in band, chorus, and drama...)I have sat at football games waiting for the band to perform and tried to understand it. But it always seemed that the clock on the scoreboard stopped while the players appeared to be doing something, and then the clock would be ticking when they appeared to be just standing still! :-) I tried asking my husband at different times to explain it to me, but he finally just told me to not talk, so I learned to clap when those around me clapped and watch the scoreboard, silently counting down to half-time when the band would do their show. (Sorry, football lovers!) Perhaps one of my first graders will grow up to be a great football player and then come back and explain it to me!

However, today I sat at a college football game, waiting for half-time when the band parents were honored. My daughter is a senior this year (and the field commander), and she presented a rose to me as we were introduced. That was special. It was also special to me afterwards when I realized that this year I did not think about my feet as I walked onto the field with the other parents! I was able to enjoy the moment without having pain interfere. Last year on this day I really wondered if I would make it from the stands to the field for the recognition part.

So take heart, you who are new to PF and this board! A year can really make a difference. I am not pain-free, but I am a lot better than a year ago, and for that I am immensely grateful.

I still don't understand football, but I had a good time in spite of the fact that the temperature was in the 90's, and we were sitting on metal bleachers facing the sun in the middle of the day! I was proud of my daughter and thankful for all the years of work that have lead up to this day.

On a sad note, one of the students in the band lost his mother yesterday to a heart attack. She was scheduled to be there today on that field to be honored as well. So if my feet hurt tonight, I still have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a good weekend everyone! All the above posts remind me that I need to vacuum, that the dog has totally wrecked my plants in the front yard, that I have dishes in the sink and clothes to wash...but, oh well...the day's not over yet! Sometimes I feel a little like Scarlett in Gone With the Wind - 'Oh, well...I'll worry about that tomorrow!' (At least I have the accent for that line!) :-)

Take care,
Suzanne :-)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 17:02 (094716)

Suzanne, what a triumphant moment when you realized you had walked out onto the field without even thinking of your feet! Being a band mother for all those years takes so much love and dedication, but it is worth it. My daughter was in band all the way through high school, but not in college. I remember those long cold rainy games, sitting on the stands with an umbrella and trying to keep warm. Band was a wonderful influence on her, though.

About football... even though both my brothers played varsity football in high school (which meant that the entire family attended every game), I still don't completely understand it. I understand the basics but not the details, so there's often something going on that mystifies me.

I love your quote! 'Oh, well.... I'll worry about that tomorrow!' That's what I decided about setting up my fish tank and going to Home Depot, my main tasks for the day.

Instead I drove around and looked at houses that have come up for sale since I chose mine. Wow, am I ever glad I have this one. None of them looked as nice to me, for me. One looked almost as nice, and even had a garage like I wish I had, but it was right across the street from a canal. In Louisiana, living next to a canal sometimes means there are, well, CRITTERS that slither through your yard. Rats, and nutria, and who knows what. So, I prefer my house which is several blocks from the nearest canal.

It's very pleasant outside today, drizzling off and on, and relatively cool considering this is New Orleans in September.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 17:03 (094717)

John, did you finish your list of chores? (grin)

I'm glad you can enjoy football this weekend, too!

Carole C

john h on 9/08/02 at 10:18 (094752)

Suzanne: Your Kentucky team scored over 70 points yesterday (football) which I think is a record for them so you need to understand football. You have a 300lb QB that will be playing in the Pros in a year or two.

Suzanne D on 9/08/02 at 14:06 (094766)

Yes, John, I did hear about that! And last week UK beat U of L as well. Of course they are big rivals here in any kind of ball. Now, basketball...I grew up with that, and that I understand!

Perhaps it is time for me to learn about football. Maybe I can find a book for elementary students explaining the game. Then it would be on my level!

john h on 9/09/02 at 09:30 (094807)

Yes Carole I finished my chores and in the process got about 6 mosquito bites!!!! hope it is not those terrible West Nile Virus type you sent up here from La.

Re: ~~Sounds like ya'll had enjoyable weekends!~~

Necee on 9/09/02 at 22:34 (094867)

I enjoyed reading how ya'll spent your weekend. Carole, I just knew that you'd be hanging out in your new home relaxing, and just taking in your new surroundings. I can tell by your posts that you are having a wonderful time!

Suzanne, I bet you had a great time at that college game, especially since your feet are feeling better. I'm so glad that you have improved since last year.

John, you sound like the perfect husband! All those chores! Can you cook?
I use to do all the mowing simply because I enjoyed it, having a pretty yard and tending it is one of my passions, but since this darn PF thing I don't mow except with the riding mower.

WendyN, don't you just love those 'rare' occasions when you get the whole house to yourself. Peace and quiet is something we all need from time to time.

I had a nice weekend, I had to work an antique auction Saturday. The 'crew' and I had breakfast together that morning, then we worked the sale. They are a great bunch of folks, and I always enjoy being with them, even though it's hard fastpaced work we make it fun too. This auctioneer that I do onsite auctions for is a really wonderful guy, unlike my regular boss....well...we won't go into that.
After the sale, I drove back to the ranch, which was an hours drive, it started raining and the temperature dropped to about 77*, that's so unusual for Texas. The rest of the weekend was cool and rainy, I just relaxed and watched the cows grazing in the pasture. Sunday evening we went to my cousins, which is just down the hill from our place, we ate supper together, something we do just about every weekend, we all bring a dish and enjoy good food and fellowship. On Saturday mornings when I don't have to work, they all come to our log cabin and I fix breakfast, Bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy! When we are finished, 'Spot' the neighbors Black Lab, with whom we adore, gets to lick the skillit out on the porch. She is the sweetest dog, she comes to our ranch when we are there on weekends and stays with us the whole time, she knows its time to leave when she sees us closing our front gate, but is always the first one to greet us on our return.

Take care PF friends, hope this coming weekend is even better than the last.

Happy trails.....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 9/10/02 at 21:56 (094965)

Don't worry, John! I have had at least one mosquito bite this summer, and I survived it. :)

I just got back from Houston on business. Gosh I'm tired! I'd better get to bed so I don't oversleep tomorrow.

Carole

john h on 9/07/02 at 08:51 (094677)

Carole: it is Saturday-hurrah! Time to mow the yard, edge the grass, vacume the house. trim some trees, empty the garbage and cat litter boxes, put up the dishes. and clean out the flower beds. It does not get any better than this!

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 10:15 (094682)

John, your good cheer is overwhelming! :)

My dishes are already put up, my garbage is emptied, I don't have a cat to fill up the litter boxes, and I mowed and edged after work on Thursday.

I do want to set up my fish tank and vacuum sometime this weekend, and go shopping for a push broom and weedeater, but weekends are loooooong. :)

Carole C

Re: just so you don't think I'm loafing...

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 11:03 (094687)

Just so you don't think I'm loafing, John, I'm working SO hard washing clothes right this very minute! I tossed them in the washer, and I'm putting in a lot of work sitting here listening to the washer scrub away at them while I type. When they're done, I'll toss them in the dryer and continue reading the board.

We are so lucky to be living in the 21st century!

After I've finished all the oh-so-hard work of washing the clothes and putting them away (the closet is about six feet from the dryer), I will have to think of something else.

I could wash the dishes, but the dishwasher already did that for me last night.

Maybe I will just have to stroll around my new house behind the vacuum cleaner. It's such a rough life. The house hasn't had time to get dirty yet, but the carpet in the living room gets little fuzz balls if I wear my New Balance in there.

Or, I could drive around looking at houses I didn't buy, re-assuring myself that I got the best one for me in the universe. On the way home, I can stop and buy that push broom, weedeater, and oh yes, I also need pruning shears. Then I could use them.

I could buy the furniture for the 'reading nook' that I have planned, but there's no rush. Maybe I could browse through some garage sales just to see if they have anything nice.

I just love Saturdays!

Carole C

wendyn on 9/07/02 at 11:17 (094688)

I'm actually having an abnormally quiet weekend myself. Hubby is out of town deep sea-salmon fishing, teenagers are at work...and I don't start school again till Monday.

I have plenty of things I 'could' be doing, but nothing that I really 'have' to do this morning. Last night was like that too, I had plans with a friend, but she had a family emergency and I actually had the night to just hang out around the house.

It was weird.

But relaxing.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 11:21 (094689)

Isn't it fun? :)

I just love Saturdays. When I retire, I hope is it like an endless Saturday.

Carole C

john h on 9/07/02 at 14:27 (094698)

Carole & Wendy: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL? The Couch, Collge and tomoroow the PROS! What a life---

Suzanne D on 9/07/02 at 15:58 (094713)

Actually I don't even understand football. (We didn't have a team when I was in high school, and I have two daughters who have been in band, chorus, and drama...)I have sat at football games waiting for the band to perform and tried to understand it. But it always seemed that the clock on the scoreboard stopped while the players appeared to be doing something, and then the clock would be ticking when they appeared to be just standing still! :-) I tried asking my husband at different times to explain it to me, but he finally just told me to not talk, so I learned to clap when those around me clapped and watch the scoreboard, silently counting down to half-time when the band would do their show. (Sorry, football lovers!) Perhaps one of my first graders will grow up to be a great football player and then come back and explain it to me!

However, today I sat at a college football game, waiting for half-time when the band parents were honored. My daughter is a senior this year (and the field commander), and she presented a rose to me as we were introduced. That was special. It was also special to me afterwards when I realized that this year I did not think about my feet as I walked onto the field with the other parents! I was able to enjoy the moment without having pain interfere. Last year on this day I really wondered if I would make it from the stands to the field for the recognition part.

So take heart, you who are new to PF and this board! A year can really make a difference. I am not pain-free, but I am a lot better than a year ago, and for that I am immensely grateful.

I still don't understand football, but I had a good time in spite of the fact that the temperature was in the 90's, and we were sitting on metal bleachers facing the sun in the middle of the day! I was proud of my daughter and thankful for all the years of work that have lead up to this day.

On a sad note, one of the students in the band lost his mother yesterday to a heart attack. She was scheduled to be there today on that field to be honored as well. So if my feet hurt tonight, I still have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a good weekend everyone! All the above posts remind me that I need to vacuum, that the dog has totally wrecked my plants in the front yard, that I have dishes in the sink and clothes to wash...but, oh well...the day's not over yet! Sometimes I feel a little like Scarlett in Gone With the Wind - 'Oh, well...I'll worry about that tomorrow!' (At least I have the accent for that line!) :-)

Take care,

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 17:02 (094716)

Suzanne, what a triumphant moment when you realized you had walked out onto the field without even thinking of your feet! Being a band mother for all those years takes so much love and dedication, but it is worth it. My daughter was in band all the way through high school, but not in college. I remember those long cold rainy games, sitting on the stands with an umbrella and trying to keep warm. Band was a wonderful influence on her, though.

About football... even though both my brothers played varsity football in high school (which meant that the entire family attended every game), I still don't completely understand it. I understand the basics but not the details, so there's often something going on that mystifies me.

I love your quote! 'Oh, well.... I'll worry about that tomorrow!' That's what I decided about setting up my fish tank and going to Home Depot, my main tasks for the day.

Instead I drove around and looked at houses that have come up for sale since I chose mine. Wow, am I ever glad I have this one. None of them looked as nice to me, for me. One looked almost as nice, and even had a garage like I wish I had, but it was right across the street from a canal. In Louisiana, living next to a canal sometimes means there are, well, CRITTERS that slither through your yard. Rats, and nutria, and who knows what. So, I prefer my house which is several blocks from the nearest canal.

It's very pleasant outside today, drizzling off and on, and relatively cool considering this is New Orleans in September.

Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/07/02 at 17:03 (094717)

John, did you finish your list of chores? (grin)

I'm glad you can enjoy football this weekend, too!

Carole C

john h on 9/08/02 at 10:18 (094752)

Suzanne: Your Kentucky team scored over 70 points yesterday (football) which I think is a record for them so you need to understand football. You have a 300lb QB that will be playing in the Pros in a year or two.

Suzanne D on 9/08/02 at 14:06 (094766)

Yes, John, I did hear about that! And last week UK beat U of L as well. Of course they are big rivals here in any kind of ball. Now, basketball...I grew up with that, and that I understand!

Perhaps it is time for me to learn about football. Maybe I can find a book for elementary students explaining the game. Then it would be on my level!

john h on 9/09/02 at 09:30 (094807)

Yes Carole I finished my chores and in the process got about 6 mosquito bites!!!! hope it is not those terrible West Nile Virus type you sent up here from La.

Re: ~~Sounds like ya'll had enjoyable weekends!~~

Necee on 9/09/02 at 22:34 (094867)

I enjoyed reading how ya'll spent your weekend. Carole, I just knew that you'd be hanging out in your new home relaxing, and just taking in your new surroundings. I can tell by your posts that you are having a wonderful time!

Suzanne, I bet you had a great time at that college game, especially since your feet are feeling better. I'm so glad that you have improved since last year.

John, you sound like the perfect husband! All those chores! Can you cook?
I use to do all the mowing simply because I enjoyed it, having a pretty yard and tending it is one of my passions, but since this darn PF thing I don't mow except with the riding mower.

WendyN, don't you just love those 'rare' occasions when you get the whole house to yourself. Peace and quiet is something we all need from time to time.

I had a nice weekend, I had to work an antique auction Saturday. The 'crew' and I had breakfast together that morning, then we worked the sale. They are a great bunch of folks, and I always enjoy being with them, even though it's hard fastpaced work we make it fun too. This auctioneer that I do onsite auctions for is a really wonderful guy, unlike my regular boss....well...we won't go into that.
After the sale, I drove back to the ranch, which was an hours drive, it started raining and the temperature dropped to about 77*, that's so unusual for Texas. The rest of the weekend was cool and rainy, I just relaxed and watched the cows grazing in the pasture. Sunday evening we went to my cousins, which is just down the hill from our place, we ate supper together, something we do just about every weekend, we all bring a dish and enjoy good food and fellowship. On Saturday mornings when I don't have to work, they all come to our log cabin and I fix breakfast, Bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy! When we are finished, 'Spot' the neighbors Black Lab, with whom we adore, gets to lick the skillit out on the porch. She is the sweetest dog, she comes to our ranch when we are there on weekends and stays with us the whole time, she knows its time to leave when she sees us closing our front gate, but is always the first one to greet us on our return.

Take care PF friends, hope this coming weekend is even better than the last.

Happy trails.....

Necee

Carole C in NOLA on 9/10/02 at 21:56 (094965)

Don't worry, John! I have had at least one mosquito bite this summer, and I survived it. :)

I just got back from Houston on business. Gosh I'm tired! I'd better get to bed so I don't oversleep tomorrow.

Carole