Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis Release & Heel Spur Removal

Posted by Barbara G. on 9/09/02 at 19:26 (094856)

It's been 8 weeks since my surgery & I am back to work with no restrictions. I feel 100% better since the surgery. The only discomfort (I wouldn't call it pain) is the inflamation that still remains from surgery which the doctor said could last up to 4 months after surgery (I call it my *healing* pain). But I do not have any of the *before* pain. My stitches remained in for 3 weeks & during that time no pressure was put on my foot. After the stitches & used crutches for about a week during which I started PT. I had PT 3x/week for the first 2 weeks, then cut down to 2x/week & now this Friday will probably be my last visit. I really enjoyed the PT & the exercises I did really helped & the massage after was great - I'm really going to miss that foot massage!! I had a great therapist who each visit would ask how my foot was & if I complained about a pain or discomfort he would be sure to work on that area. Today was my first day back to work & I was alittle sore when I got home so I elevated my foot for awhile. It's feeling better already. I'm very happy I had the surgery.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis Release & Heel Spur Removal

Sharon W on 9/09/02 at 20:56 (094864)

Barbara,

Congratulations! I'm so glad you've had a good result from surgery!

Sharon

Ann-Marie on 9/10/02 at 07:29 (094885)

Barbara, did you have both feet done, or just one? And what type of surgery was it?
I am due for surgery this Thursday (only two days from now) and am currently scheduled to have both done at the same time, but I will make the final decision at my pre-op with my surgeon on Wednesday.
It is wonderful to hear that yours was so successful!
Congratulations!
-Ann-Marie

Linda on 9/24/02 at 05:04 (096080)

Ann Marie,
I had both feet done, but not at the same time. I had one done December 14, and the other March 29. I have kids,and i told the doc i just couldn't be off my feet completely.
Good luck with your surgery, and i hope everything works out for you.

Sharon W on 9/09/02 at 20:56 (094864)

Barbara,

Congratulations! I'm so glad you've had a good result from surgery!

Sharon

Ann-Marie on 9/10/02 at 07:29 (094885)

Barbara, did you have both feet done, or just one? And what type of surgery was it?
I am due for surgery this Thursday (only two days from now) and am currently scheduled to have both done at the same time, but I will make the final decision at my pre-op with my surgeon on Wednesday.
It is wonderful to hear that yours was so successful!
Congratulations!
-Ann-Marie

Linda on 9/24/02 at 05:04 (096080)

Ann Marie,
I had both feet done, but not at the same time. I had one done December 14, and the other March 29. I have kids,and i told the doc i just couldn't be off my feet completely.
Good luck with your surgery, and i hope everything works out for you.