Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

ibuprofen gel called DEEP RELIEF

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 9/10/02 at 14:54 (094921)

I find it moderately helpful. I put it on at night (no socks) and the next morning, my foot usually feels better. I am running out and ordering more.
Just thought I would share with you all since it is fairly inexpensive. I use this in addition to 2 aleve in AM and 2 in PM.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/healthchemist-au/203157.html <---this seems to be the cheapest place to get it

Re: maybe they should call it MODERATE RELIEF :-)

elliott on 9/10/02 at 15:09 (094924)

Most feet usually feel better in the morning (at least before getting out of bed). I guess the key is how much extra relief it gives over nothing.

Do you have any side effects from the 4 Aleve every 24 hours? If I recall, the warning labels say something about not exceeding 3, let alone 4 in 24 regularly. I sometimes used Aleve, and if you exceed the recommended dosage and nothing happens...

---

Kim R. on 9/10/02 at 15:54 (094929)

I am curious about that also. My podiatrist looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I was taking Vioxx and occasionally Excedrin for stress headaches. He took me off the Vioxx and said take Excedrin if I need it, but don't mix the two and don't overuse it. Have you asked your doctor about that dosing on the Aleve?

Re: ALLEVE...

Suzanne D on 9/10/02 at 16:17 (094932)

My podiatrist prescribed Naproxin (60 tablets) - 1 tablet two times a day last August with 1 refill. He said if I needed refills to call. I did last fall and got another refill. In February I visited my family dr. concerning knee pain, and to make a long story short, he prescribed more Naproxin with 6 refills.

I found out (I think it was John H. who pointed it out in a post) that Alleve is Naproxin. (Actually it reads 'Naproxin sodium tablets, 220 mg.' on the bottle we have in the cabinet.)

Checking my Naproxin bottle, it reads 'Naproxen 500MG Tablet', so when taking two a day, I was getting slightly above the equivalent of the 4 Alleve tablets Melissa is taking. That is presuming that the Naproxen sodium tablets are the same as my Naproxen prescription pills and that there are not different strenghts. I don't know about that. I am just comparing what we have here at home.

I do not still take them twice a day - actually, only occasionally - but I took them two times a day for 4 or 5 months.

I just thought I'd mention this since the subject came up.

Suzanne :-)

Re: make that Aleve, not Alleve! (sorry!) eom

Suzanne D on 9/10/02 at 16:18 (094933)

elliott on 9/10/02 at 15:09 (094924)

Most feet usually feel better in the morning (at least before getting out of bed). I guess the key is how much extra relief it gives over nothing.

Do you have any side effects from the 4 Aleve every 24 hours? If I recall, the warning labels say something about not exceeding 3, let alone 4 in 24 regularly. I sometimes used Aleve, and if you exceed the recommended dosage and nothing happens...

---

Kim R. on 9/10/02 at 15:54 (094929)

I am curious about that also. My podiatrist looked at me like I was nuts when I told him I was taking Vioxx and occasionally Excedrin for stress headaches. He took me off the Vioxx and said take Excedrin if I need it, but don't mix the two and don't overuse it. Have you asked your doctor about that dosing on the Aleve?

Re: ALLEVE...

Suzanne D on 9/10/02 at 16:17 (094932)

My podiatrist prescribed Naproxin (60 tablets) - 1 tablet two times a day last August with 1 refill. He said if I needed refills to call. I did last fall and got another refill. In February I visited my family dr. concerning knee pain, and to make a long story short, he prescribed more Naproxin with 6 refills.

I found out (I think it was John H. who pointed it out in a post) that Alleve is Naproxin. (Actually it reads 'Naproxin sodium tablets, 220 mg.' on the bottle we have in the cabinet.)

Checking my Naproxin bottle, it reads 'Naproxen 500MG Tablet', so when taking two a day, I was getting slightly above the equivalent of the 4 Alleve tablets Melissa is taking. That is presuming that the Naproxen sodium tablets are the same as my Naproxen prescription pills and that there are not different strenghts. I don't know about that. I am just comparing what we have here at home.

I do not still take them twice a day - actually, only occasionally - but I took them two times a day for 4 or 5 months.

I just thought I'd mention this since the subject came up.

Suzanne :-)

Re: make that Aleve, not Alleve! (sorry!) eom

Suzanne D on 9/10/02 at 16:18 (094933)