Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

It Did Not Hurt !

Posted by Kim R. on 9/10/02 at 16:02 (094931)

Something must be wrong with me - I went for an initial exam with a podiatrist today, and he gave me a cortisone injection (the first of three). I was nervous and chattering about what to do if I passed out in the chair and being crippled for life and maybe we needed to call my husband to drive me home, or let me think this over for a few days etc. and then he simply responded 'o.k. it's over and you didn't pass out.' I must say, I have heard so many horror stories that I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe it was the fact that I was looking at the ceiling, or the freeze spray or the way he did it, or the frenzied state I was in, but the shot did not hurt. I suspect it was the freeze spray and the lidocaine, but I am glad that the anxiety part is over at least .... now on to the healing part. He also 'posted' my orthotics whatever that means. Has anyone ever had their orthotics 'posted'?

Re: It Did Not Hurt !

pala on 9/10/02 at 17:29 (094939)

sounds like a good pod to me. where is he, who is he

Necee on 9/10/02 at 18:41 (094945)

See there Kim, all that worry for nothing. No, seriously I understand completely your anxiety. I was the same way, until he explained about the numbing shot, and assured me it would be painfree. I had relief for about 2 weeks, and went back for another shot after that. I would have to say that the shot helped me some, but the biggest help was buying Birks, and wearing them daily. When I put my feet in those shoes, I felt instant relief! It was just amazing! I had untrasound treatments for about 3 weeks, and during that time I was off work for a month, so just resting my feet also helped. Kim, whatever you do, please don't let your Dr. talk you into surgery. I really believe that if you just give it time and continue doing all the right things, you will get better. I'm not 100% just yet, but I'm so much better than I was this time last year. Taping, icing, resting, stretching and wearing good shoes, all play an important part in my continuing recovery.

All the best to you, and let me know how things go.

Happy trails...

Necee

Kim R. on 9/11/02 at 08:03 (094993)

Dr. Jonathon Lubitz, Mobile, Alabama. I felt less like a 'number' in a cattle auction than I did at the ortho clinic, and more like a human being. He actually x-rayed my ankle, not just my foot and found the cause of my problems, an ankle injury that had never healed properly from several years ago. I was very impressed so far. I hope the series of shots is effective and that I can resume my normal activities again soon.

Carrie on 9/11/02 at 16:38 (095048)

GIRL I AM WITH YOU the birks have saved my entire life without them I would still be crawling or limping or on crutches, these shoes are a miracle and to think that when I first put them on I thought they sucked and were too hard. Now they just feel so good, I wear them all the time cept when in bed. I am a total birk fan now and forever!

hugs
Carrie

pala on 9/10/02 at 17:29 (094939)

sounds like a good pod to me. where is he, who is he

Necee on 9/10/02 at 18:41 (094945)

See there Kim, all that worry for nothing. No, seriously I understand completely your anxiety. I was the same way, until he explained about the numbing shot, and assured me it would be painfree. I had relief for about 2 weeks, and went back for another shot after that. I would have to say that the shot helped me some, but the biggest help was buying Birks, and wearing them daily. When I put my feet in those shoes, I felt instant relief! It was just amazing! I had untrasound treatments for about 3 weeks, and during that time I was off work for a month, so just resting my feet also helped. Kim, whatever you do, please don't let your Dr. talk you into surgery. I really believe that if you just give it time and continue doing all the right things, you will get better. I'm not 100% just yet, but I'm so much better than I was this time last year. Taping, icing, resting, stretching and wearing good shoes, all play an important part in my continuing recovery.

All the best to you, and let me know how things go.

Happy trails...

Necee

Kim R. on 9/11/02 at 08:03 (094993)

Dr. Jonathon Lubitz, Mobile, Alabama. I felt less like a 'number' in a cattle auction than I did at the ortho clinic, and more like a human being. He actually x-rayed my ankle, not just my foot and found the cause of my problems, an ankle injury that had never healed properly from several years ago. I was very impressed so far. I hope the series of shots is effective and that I can resume my normal activities again soon.

Carrie on 9/11/02 at 16:38 (095048)

GIRL I AM WITH YOU the birks have saved my entire life without them I would still be crawling or limping or on crutches, these shoes are a miracle and to think that when I first put them on I thought they sucked and were too hard. Now they just feel so good, I wear them all the time cept when in bed. I am a total birk fan now and forever!

hugs
Carrie