Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

knee pain

Posted by Jake on 9/12/02 at 22:09 (095208)

I am a runner. I haven't run for about 6 weeks since the PF started. For the past few weeks my knees have been hurting. Is this common? Does it have something to do with my suddenly stopping running?

Re: knee pain

Selina G on 9/13/02 at 17:50 (095279)

Now, I'm not a doctor, but I have a feeling that you are having similar difficulties that I am having. I had surgery on my left foot 9 weeks ago, and since I have been allowed to begin walking again in the last 1 1/2 weeks, I have had left knee pain. I believe that it may be a result of an altered gait, perhaps protecting the foot that hurts, thereby straining the knee.

Carmen H on 9/15/02 at 10:21 (095364)

You're right...knee pain, hip pain and back pain can all stem from PF.

Selina G on 9/13/02 at 17:50 (095279)

Now, I'm not a doctor, but I have a feeling that you are having similar difficulties that I am having. I had surgery on my left foot 9 weeks ago, and since I have been allowed to begin walking again in the last 1 1/2 weeks, I have had left knee pain. I believe that it may be a result of an altered gait, perhaps protecting the foot that hurts, thereby straining the knee.

Carmen H on 9/15/02 at 10:21 (095364)

You're right...knee pain, hip pain and back pain can all stem from PF.