Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

I am out of here/Scott

Posted by john h on 9/13/02 at 10:51 (095235)

I am departing Saturday for Destin with my wife and daughter. I only hope the tropical depression wich is to make landfall near Destin is out of there when I arrrive Sunday afternoon. No hurricane force winds but 8' of rain and 60 mph winds maybe hit there today. .If it stalls I will be somewhere along I-10. I can always go to Gulf Shores. Alabama or Mobile although I have great reservations in Destin and hope for the best. Maybe I can find an internet cafe to say hello. Anyway see you guys next week the gods willing. Scott bring one of your sweetees and come on down and lets eat fish and have a beer at the Back Poarch.

Re: I am out of here/Scott

Tammie on 9/13/02 at 11:06 (095240)

Take good care , have a safe trip and hope that your get away is full of nice weather!

scott r on 9/13/02 at 11:07 (095241)

I'll be in orange beach at the perdido key resort sunday thru wednesday.

Scott R on 9/13/02 at 11:35 (095246)

scott test

Carole C in NOLA on 9/13/02 at 11:56 (095248)

Have fun, you two! :)

If T.S. Hannah heads your way, you and John and whoever else could always drive over here. There's always something to do in New Orleans. Of course, we might get a lot of rain out of this too. LOL

Carole C

Re: never mind

Carole C in NOLA on 9/13/02 at 12:44 (095253)

Never mind, we too are under a Tropical Storm Warning, according to the National Weather Service. So there will probably be dryer less windy places than New Orleans to go to for fun this weekend.

We could use some rain, but not as much as we'll probably get. Gee, and I was going to use my new sprinkler this afternoon. I guess I'll put that off and bring in the potted plants instead.

Carole C

Re: Cut that out!

wendyn on 9/13/02 at 20:08 (095294)

Don't do that John!

I was skimming the subject lines (since I don't have time to read all the posts any more) and I thought you were leaving the board!!!

Glad to see that your departure is only temporary!

Suzanne D on 9/14/02 at 08:56 (095307)

I did, too! But I should have known better: You don't strike me as one who quits anything.

I do hope you all have a wonderful trip and are not hampered by any weather conditions!

Suzanne :-)

Re: I'm not sure about Destin, but.....

Carole C in NOLA on 9/14/02 at 10:12 (095311)

Suzanne, I'm not sure how they're doing over in Destin, but here in New Orleans we didn't get a drop of rain or even a light gust of wind out of Hanna. I'll have to water the yard after all, but as you can imagine I'm very definitely glad.

John, I too did a double take when I saw the title of your post! I'll bet you had a grin on your face when you typed it in. :)

Carole C

Re: I'm at perdido Beach resort

Scott on 9/15/02 at 22:34 (095393)

251-981-9811 room 422
if john will call me maybe i can get one my general or base commander friends to meet him for dinner. I heard some people talking about eating at back porch tonight but it must be a chain because i think destin is too far away. i think pensacola is half way...

Tammie on 9/13/02 at 11:06 (095240)

Take good care , have a safe trip and hope that your get away is full of nice weather!

scott r on 9/13/02 at 11:07 (095241)

I'll be in orange beach at the perdido key resort sunday thru wednesday.

Scott R on 9/13/02 at 11:35 (095246)

scott test

Carole C in NOLA on 9/13/02 at 11:56 (095248)

Have fun, you two! :)

If T.S. Hannah heads your way, you and John and whoever else could always drive over here. There's always something to do in New Orleans. Of course, we might get a lot of rain out of this too. LOL

Carole C

Re: never mind

Carole C in NOLA on 9/13/02 at 12:44 (095253)

Never mind, we too are under a Tropical Storm Warning, according to the National Weather Service. So there will probably be dryer less windy places than New Orleans to go to for fun this weekend.

We could use some rain, but not as much as we'll probably get. Gee, and I was going to use my new sprinkler this afternoon. I guess I'll put that off and bring in the potted plants instead.

Carole C

wendyn on 9/13/02 at 20:08 (095294)

Don't do that John!

I was skimming the subject lines (since I don't have time to read all the posts any more) and I thought you were leaving the board!!!

Glad to see that your departure is only temporary!

Suzanne D on 9/14/02 at 08:56 (095307)

I did, too! But I should have known better: You don't strike me as one who quits anything.

I do hope you all have a wonderful trip and are not hampered by any weather conditions!

Suzanne :-)

Re: I'm not sure about Destin, but.....

Carole C in NOLA on 9/14/02 at 10:12 (095311)

Suzanne, I'm not sure how they're doing over in Destin, but here in New Orleans we didn't get a drop of rain or even a light gust of wind out of Hanna. I'll have to water the yard after all, but as you can imagine I'm very definitely glad.

John, I too did a double take when I saw the title of your post! I'll bet you had a grin on your face when you typed it in. :)

Carole C

Re: I'm at perdido Beach resort

Scott on 9/15/02 at 22:34 (095393)

251-981-9811 room 422
if john will call me maybe i can get one my general or base commander friends to meet him for dinner. I heard some people talking about eating at back porch tonight but it must be a chain because i think destin is too far away. i think pensacola is half way...