Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Diagnosed with heel spur, wondering what to do.

Posted by Janet F on 9/13/02 at 12:25 (095251)

Hi everyone,

I have recently been diagnosed with heel spur. I have always had painful calf muscles and always wore a shoe with a heel. Most sneakers felt uncomfortable to me.

My pod recommends steriod injections but I am afraid to get them because I just don't like the idea of a needle in my heel. On the other hand I am in agony. I have been taking naproxen for about 1 month but the pain is getting worse.

My questions are:

1. Could anyone recommend a shoe that helped?
2. What experiences have you had with injections?

Thanks...

Re: Diagnosed with heel spur, wondering what to do.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/13/02 at 13:35 (095258)

Hi

There are alot of different treatments available to you. Physical Therapy,
Local Steriod injections Boot cast, Taping with nsaid. With local steriod injection becareful of too many. Sometimes you can get alot of relief with this type of treatment. We prefer local steriod injections, nsaid , taping , and rest as a first line of treatment. Read scott heel pain book very helpful

Re: Diagnosed with heel spur, wondering what to do.

Dr. Zuckerman on 9/13/02 at 13:35 (095258)

Hi

There are alot of different treatments available to you. Physical Therapy,
Local Steriod injections Boot cast, Taping with nsaid. With local steriod injection becareful of too many. Sometimes you can get alot of relief with this type of treatment. We prefer local steriod injections, nsaid , taping , and rest as a first line of treatment. Read scott heel pain book very helpful