Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pod Recommendation

Posted by janet f on 9/16/02 at 08:12 (095411)

Hi,

Thank you for your response to my previous note. I am doing Jules stretches and trying to wear my NB 755's all day long. I am currently taking Nambumetone 500mg 2x daily. I am also scheduling an appt with the Foot and Ankle Institute of Temple Univ Hosp in Philadelphia.

1. What is Nambumetone?
2. Can you recommend a Podiatrist in the Philadelphia urban area?

P.S. I am finding that Percocet in the evening is relieving my pain for the entire next day. I know this is not a good 'habit' to get into, but my pain is pretty severe.

Thanks again for your help...

Re: Pod Recommendation

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 10:47 (095425)

Hi,

Nambumetone is a NSAID . IT is also called Relafon. Where do you live in Philadelphia.? I am in Southern New Jersey right outside of Philadelphia.
We are a group of 50 doctor who specilize in heel pain. You can call my office if you would like Dr.Zuckerman 1-856-848-3338

Janet F on 9/20/02 at 11:05 (095833)

Dr Zuckerman:

Unfortunately I have an insurance problem. I have the Keystone East medical plan and I can only see the pod my primary dr recommends. However this pod did not make me feel confident in his treatment plan. I have made an appt at the Foot and Ankle Instutite (Temple Univ Hosp) at 8th & Race in Philly for next friday. I hope they will atleast give me a good diagnosis so I know what I am dealing with. This would help me with excercises, proper shoe selection, etc.

Thank you for your offer, but I don't think it will work financially.

P.S. I can't help wondering why no other poster on this board has responded to my posts???..

Re: Diagnosis

Sharon W on 9/20/02 at 11:14 (095834)

You are right that getting a good diagnosis is the first (and probably most important) hurdle to cross before you can begin to heal. (I mean, how can you get the right treatment, if you don't have the right diagnosis??)

Good luck with your appointment in Philly next Friday -- I hope the doctor you see will be an excellent diagnostician!

Sharon

Dr. Z on 9/21/02 at 08:35 (095894)

Let us know how you do at the Temple School. We do have podiatrists in our group that I do believe are part of Keystone East medical Plan

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 10:47 (095425)

Hi,

Nambumetone is a NSAID . IT is also called Relafon. Where do you live in Philadelphia.? I am in Southern New Jersey right outside of Philadelphia.
We are a group of 50 doctor who specilize in heel pain. You can call my office if you would like Dr.Zuckerman 1-856-848-3338

Janet F on 9/20/02 at 11:05 (095833)

Dr Zuckerman:

Unfortunately I have an insurance problem. I have the Keystone East medical plan and I can only see the pod my primary dr recommends. However this pod did not make me feel confident in his treatment plan. I have made an appt at the Foot and Ankle Instutite (Temple Univ Hosp) at 8th & Race in Philly for next friday. I hope they will atleast give me a good diagnosis so I know what I am dealing with. This would help me with excercises, proper shoe selection, etc.

Thank you for your offer, but I don't think it will work financially.

P.S. I can't help wondering why no other poster on this board has responded to my posts???..

Re: Diagnosis

Sharon W on 9/20/02 at 11:14 (095834)

You are right that getting a good diagnosis is the first (and probably most important) hurdle to cross before you can begin to heal. (I mean, how can you get the right treatment, if you don't have the right diagnosis??)

Good luck with your appointment in Philly next Friday -- I hope the doctor you see will be an excellent diagnostician!

Sharon

Dr. Z on 9/21/02 at 08:35 (095894)

Let us know how you do at the Temple School. We do have podiatrists in our group that I do believe are part of Keystone East medical Plan