Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sharp pain in middle of arch

Posted by Michael K on 9/16/02 at 11:34 (095434)

I have had plantar fasciitis like heel pain for about a month. I have done stretching and icing to help it get better and the heels seem a little better.

Recently I have developed a terrible sharp pain in the middle of my right arch. I couldn't wear the orthotics the doctors prescribed for me, so they put me in a hard cast and now the pain is constant and excruciating. The doctor said it was a pinched nerve due to inflammation, but I don't know. Should I get the cast off now?

Thanks for your reply

Re: Sharp pain in middle of arch

dave r on 9/16/02 at 12:50 (095452)

It is not uncommon for people that have there feet put in cast to request they get takin off. How long are you going to be in the cast?

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 16:13 (095472)

If it is killing you the cast needs to come off and the foot inspected.
A cast should stop the pain by not allowing your foot to move. Why you are having the pain could be due to a nerve but it could also be due to a stress fracture, tendonitis and or plantar fasciitis. First go back and get the cast off and have your foot inspected

dave r on 9/16/02 at 12:50 (095452)

It is not uncommon for people that have there feet put in cast to request they get takin off. How long are you going to be in the cast?

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 16:13 (095472)

If it is killing you the cast needs to come off and the foot inspected.
A cast should stop the pain by not allowing your foot to move. Why you are having the pain could be due to a nerve but it could also be due to a stress fracture, tendonitis and or plantar fasciitis. First go back and get the cast off and have your foot inspected