Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel spur surgery after effects

Posted by Joyce on 9/16/02 at 12:41 (095446)

In June 2000 I had the heel spur removed from my left foot. In
december 2000 I had the heel spur removed from my right foot. The right foot still gives me a lot of trouble.

When ever it rains, is cold and damp, my feet really hurt. It also causes me to walk slower due to the pain. My boyfriend, says 'your feet do not hurt as much as you say. You have to learn to pick up the pace' (walk faster).

Should I still be having as much trouble as I am experiencing? My primary doctor gave me an anti-inflammatory prescription to try and help with the pain in my feet.

Please tell me what I can do about my feet. Is my boyfriend correct in what he is telling me?

Re: heel spur surgery after effects

Gail R on 9/16/02 at 12:55 (095454)

The first thing you may need to do is tell your boyfriend to get lost if he is that uncaring. The second thing is to get to your doc to get new xrays or whatever to determine your problem. Guess i should not have answered this since I am not a doctor but suffering from foot pain as I have it angers me to hear some one make such a blind, stupid statement as your boy friend did! Sorry, hope I have not offended you I really do sympathize. Hope you get some help. Gail

dave r on 9/16/02 at 12:58 (095456)

Gail, so sorry that you have had a bad experiance. Its sad to say that sometimes those that are close to us just dont understand what 'we' are going through. Keep your chin up

Carmen H on 9/16/02 at 14:15 (095461)

Only YOU can determine if your boyfriend is 'right'...he doeesn't live with your pain..you do.
Get back to the doctor and tell him your concerns....and ask for more help than anti inflamms..ask him 'Why' you are taking them. what does he think is going on.
Keep us posted.

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 15:10 (095467)

With any type of heel spur surgery there is going to be a change in the srtructure of your foot or in your case feet. Alot of the changes can cause pain and difficulty walking. Time can improve this problem. An evaluation of your gait, present foot structure is in order. See your original surgeon and have him evaluate your present. Your are probaby going to need shoe change and a pair of orthosis to help alignment ans re-distribute your weight in your feet.

Gail R on 9/16/02 at 12:55 (095454)

The first thing you may need to do is tell your boyfriend to get lost if he is that uncaring. The second thing is to get to your doc to get new xrays or whatever to determine your problem. Guess i should not have answered this since I am not a doctor but suffering from foot pain as I have it angers me to hear some one make such a blind, stupid statement as your boy friend did! Sorry, hope I have not offended you I really do sympathize. Hope you get some help. Gail

dave r on 9/16/02 at 12:58 (095456)

Gail, so sorry that you have had a bad experiance. Its sad to say that sometimes those that are close to us just dont understand what 'we' are going through. Keep your chin up

Carmen H on 9/16/02 at 14:15 (095461)

Only YOU can determine if your boyfriend is 'right'...he doeesn't live with your pain..you do.
Get back to the doctor and tell him your concerns....and ask for more help than anti inflamms..ask him 'Why' you are taking them. what does he think is going on.
Keep us posted.

Dr. Z on 9/16/02 at 15:10 (095467)

With any type of heel spur surgery there is going to be a change in the srtructure of your foot or in your case feet. Alot of the changes can cause pain and difficulty walking. Time can improve this problem. An evaluation of your gait, present foot structure is in order. See your original surgeon and have him evaluate your present. Your are probaby going to need shoe change and a pair of orthosis to help alignment ans re-distribute your weight in your feet.