Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr Ed

Posted by Jane T on 9/16/02 at 14:47 (095463)

Thank you for the message regarding orthotics and overpronation.
I live in Oakland,Ca. if you happen to have a referral for orthotics. It is just east of San Francisco, Northeast of San Jose, west of Walnut Creek.
Do you put any stock in magnets? My foot felt better after my mri, although maybe it was just a fluke.
Also, what about casting as treatment for 1-3 weeks? I could not swim, but maybe I would get more rest. I am in a camwalker, and I have a 4 year old child.

Re: Dr Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/17/02 at 20:00 (095574)

Jane:

A cast has an advantage over a camwalker in that it can be molded to closely follow the contours of your foot and thus provide better support.

I have not seen much benefit for PF from magnets. Some individuals with neuropathic pain seem to get modest relief from magnets.

One source of treatment is the California College of Podiatric Medicine which, until this year, was located in San Francisco. It has moved eastward and merged with Samuel Merrit College. I am not familiar with specific podiatrists in Oakland. Dr. Subotnick is a well known sports podiatrist located in Hayward.
Ed

Re: Dr Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/17/02 at 20:00 (095574)

Jane:

A cast has an advantage over a camwalker in that it can be molded to closely follow the contours of your foot and thus provide better support.

I have not seen much benefit for PF from magnets. Some individuals with neuropathic pain seem to get modest relief from magnets.

One source of treatment is the California College of Podiatric Medicine which, until this year, was located in San Francisco. It has moved eastward and merged with Samuel Merrit College. I am not familiar with specific podiatrists in Oakland. Dr. Subotnick is a well known sports podiatrist located in Hayward.
Ed