Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

CAROLE C.....

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 9/16/02 at 17:40 (095495)

Hello Carole C. - I too think I am healing & yes, I know I am much better than last year this time. But, I still do vioxx & on horse show weekends, I supplement with Tylenol pain if needed. I am wondering if you are still taking an anti-inflamm?? I am happy you are still close to being over this dreaded PF! My horse show season is winding down now; so I will be able to rest more - for that I am appreciative & will maybe see a light at the tunnel with a little more ease! I am hoping that rest will support more healing & take me over this plateau I am standing on presently....but this plateau is an ease compared to last summer's pain stance!

Re: CAROLE C.....

Carole C in NOLA on 9/16/02 at 20:38 (095501)

Rachael, hi! :)

I'm sort of in a transition period with my anti-inflammatories. I'm not taking Celebrex as much as I did. I hate being dependent on meds, so I've been trying an 'experiment' for a couple of months and trying to just not take it any more. I don't think it's working, though. Sunday I had to take one again because my knees were hurting too much from arthritis. Every week or two there are days like that. I think I'm going to go to the store and get some 'Alleve', and try that when the pain is too much.

I don't like my rheumatologist much and don't want to go back to him just for Celebrex, and I am losing weight again so I'm hoping that maybe an over the counter pain medication will be enough to get me through.

I'm glad you are feeling so much better! And I too hope that when you rest more, you will break through this plateau in healing. It takes so much time for feet to respond, and if you have a few months to focus more on healing your feet, it might make a difference.

Isn't it great to not be at the worst pain level any more? I am so thankful not to be stuck in that gloomy abyss of foot pain like I was last November and December.

Carole C

Re: CAROLE C.....

Carole C in NOLA on 9/16/02 at 20:38 (095501)

Rachael, hi! :)

I'm sort of in a transition period with my anti-inflammatories. I'm not taking Celebrex as much as I did. I hate being dependent on meds, so I've been trying an 'experiment' for a couple of months and trying to just not take it any more. I don't think it's working, though. Sunday I had to take one again because my knees were hurting too much from arthritis. Every week or two there are days like that. I think I'm going to go to the store and get some 'Alleve', and try that when the pain is too much.

I don't like my rheumatologist much and don't want to go back to him just for Celebrex, and I am losing weight again so I'm hoping that maybe an over the counter pain medication will be enough to get me through.

I'm glad you are feeling so much better! And I too hope that when you rest more, you will break through this plateau in healing. It takes so much time for feet to respond, and if you have a few months to focus more on healing your feet, it might make a difference.

Isn't it great to not be at the worst pain level any more? I am so thankful not to be stuck in that gloomy abyss of foot pain like I was last November and December.

Carole C