Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

update on Bastad clogs

Posted by elliott on 9/17/02 at 09:17 (095524)

I was so happy with them that I ordered a second pair of these wooden clogs for work, a different model, this time with a padded instep instead of an adjustable strap. But I found the forefoot a tad snug for me and the instep too loose for my very low, flat foot. I don't think most of you would have trouble with that version; it's just my foot. I sent them back for $6 (Shoebuy had UPS pick them up at my house!) and was planning to order another pair from them of what I already bought only to find out they just stopped selling them. so I ordered same pair as before from another company.

-----

Re: Glad to hear that you have found THE SHOE for you! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 10:59 (095532)

Re: update on Bastad clogs

Ersten on 9/18/02 at 18:12 (095644)

Elliot,

I am still waiting for my two pairs of bastads that I ordered from Northerner, Inc., three weeks ago. Can't wait to try them, based on your testimonials!

Ersten

Re: three weeks?

elliott on 9/20/02 at 07:18 (095805)

That almost certainly meansthey didn't have it in stock and are ordering it, either from a warehouse or even direct from Sweden (they're making yours as we speak :-)). Yesterday I just received my second pair (it took around a week); when I ordered I asked and they told me it was in stock.

----

Ersten on 9/20/02 at 15:14 (095861)

Elliot,

The company responded to my e-mail, saying that they just shipped the clogs Wednesday, since they was not in stock. They also said that they are located in Sweden, so a three-week delay in getting the clogs from the manufacturer to them, and then shipping them to me seems a tad too long. I sent them another e-mail, asking how long the shipment will take to get to me in California, but they have not responded to that e-mail.

I guess getting these clogs at a great discount (less than $40 each), means paying the price in a longer wait.

Ersten

Re: Glad to hear that you have found THE SHOE for you! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 10:59 (095532)

Re: update on Bastad clogs

Ersten on 9/18/02 at 18:12 (095644)

Elliot,

I am still waiting for my two pairs of bastads that I ordered from Northerner, Inc., three weeks ago. Can't wait to try them, based on your testimonials!

Ersten

elliott on 9/20/02 at 07:18 (095805)

That almost certainly meansthey didn't have it in stock and are ordering it, either from a warehouse or even direct from Sweden (they're making yours as we speak :-)). Yesterday I just received my second pair (it took around a week); when I ordered I asked and they told me it was in stock.

----

Ersten on 9/20/02 at 15:14 (095861)

Elliot,

The company responded to my e-mail, saying that they just shipped the clogs Wednesday, since they was not in stock. They also said that they are located in Sweden, so a three-week delay in getting the clogs from the manufacturer to them, and then shipping them to me seems a tad too long. I sent them another e-mail, asking how long the shipment will take to get to me in California, but they have not responded to that e-mail.

I guess getting these clogs at a great discount (less than $40 each), means paying the price in a longer wait.

Ersten