Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

My Heart is broken!

Posted by Necee on 9/17/02 at 18:30 (095569)

My sweet dog died Sunday, and my heart is broken. Her name was Callie, she was the best dog. My husband found her starving beside the road 6 yrs ago and brought her home to live with us, she was a part of the family, and I know that many of you will understand that. She gave us many years of happiness, and like most animals she gave unconditional love. Her personality was unlike any other dogs that I've had, I guess maybe thats because she was almost dead when Steve found her that hot summer day, it's like she was forever grateful. She was so happy and just loved everybody. I will miss her running to greet me everyday when I come home from work..... looking up at me with those big brown eyes so full of love.

Necee

Re: My Heart is broken!

Suzanne D on 9/17/02 at 18:56 (095572)

I'm so sorry, Necee! I know you love animals, and Callie obviously was quite special to you. I have a friend who often talks about how her dog loves her unconditionally as well. That's a good way to put it.

Did you ever have a 'feeling' that something might be wrong in someone else's life and keep thinking of them with concern? That may sound corny, but I had been thinking of you earlier this evening in that way.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 9/17/02 at 20:36 (095580)

dear necee, as an animal-lover and pet-owner all my life, i empathize and sympathize with you completely. (i've been through what you're going through more times than i would ever wish -- but they're worth it, aren't they.) i'm so sorry for your loss; i know how searing the pain can be; and i'm also glad you gave her such a great life after a hard beginning, and i hope that helps you get through your grief. my deep condolences.
nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 20:47 (095581)

Necee, I am so sorry. Losing a dear pet can be so hard and it's so sad that Callie is gone.

Carole C

Necee on 9/17/02 at 22:34 (095591)

Thank you all for caring, I appreciate it so very much.
With all the tragic news stories happening, and hard times within families these days...my Callies death seems so trivial. But I can't help how I feel.

Necee

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:47 (095598)

Necee, please don't ever feel that what you're suffering is trivial, or compare it with anything else. You're grieving, and that's never trivial. I know how sad it is to lose an animal friend, and I'm very sorry about Callie.

Re: I understand so well

Carmen H on 9/18/02 at 07:42 (095605)

Dear Necee~

I recently (not too recent but in June)lost my dog too....and I thought my heart would break in half and never be whole again. I understand what you are feeling and the pain of that loss is so great that it threatens to overwhelm you. Some people don't realize how painful it is to lose a pet...they are part of our families and there is no avoiding the emptiness we feel when they are gone we just have to go through it. There were a few things that helped me get through it and one of them was Suzanne D....the email she wrote me made me come to peace with my decision to put Gussy down I kept it for 2 months. The second.....the fact that he had such a good life with us and how much we truly loved him.
Callie was the luckiest dog ever to be sent to such a wonderful family.....she 'hit the doggie lotto!' and that is something you should always remember. Perhaps it will help you feel better remembering how happy she was because of YOU.
That in itself is a blessing....

I hope you get as many laughs out of your memories as you do tears...remembering the funny 'fun' times with Callie.
This poem is still on my refrigerator....it helps when I STILL get lonely for Gus. By the way...keep your eyes open for the 'signs' that he is around...mine was a bluebird. :o)

'Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain. When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.'
~anon

Feel free to send me an email if you want to just express how you feel.

Missy B on 9/18/02 at 19:41 (095654)

So sorry to hear about your loss of Callie. As an animal owner all my life, I can fully understand the void you are experiencing right now with the loss of your beloved dog. I hope that you can find comfort in remembering all the good times you spent together and the love that you gave each other.

Missy B.

JudyS on 9/19/02 at 10:03 (095716)

Oh no, Necee! I saw the name 'Callie' and immediately flashed on that lovely photo you'd sent a couple of months ago. Losing a beloved pet is so much harder than anyone might think and my heart goes out to you.

Suzanne D on 9/17/02 at 18:56 (095572)

I'm so sorry, Necee! I know you love animals, and Callie obviously was quite special to you. I have a friend who often talks about how her dog loves her unconditionally as well. That's a good way to put it.

Did you ever have a 'feeling' that something might be wrong in someone else's life and keep thinking of them with concern? That may sound corny, but I had been thinking of you earlier this evening in that way.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts.

Suzanne :-)

nancy s. on 9/17/02 at 20:36 (095580)

dear necee, as an animal-lover and pet-owner all my life, i empathize and sympathize with you completely. (i've been through what you're going through more times than i would ever wish -- but they're worth it, aren't they.) i'm so sorry for your loss; i know how searing the pain can be; and i'm also glad you gave her such a great life after a hard beginning, and i hope that helps you get through your grief. my deep condolences.
nancy

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 20:47 (095581)

Necee, I am so sorry. Losing a dear pet can be so hard and it's so sad that Callie is gone.

Carole C

Necee on 9/17/02 at 22:34 (095591)

Thank you all for caring, I appreciate it so very much.
With all the tragic news stories happening, and hard times within families these days...my Callies death seems so trivial. But I can't help how I feel.

Necee

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:47 (095598)

Necee, please don't ever feel that what you're suffering is trivial, or compare it with anything else. You're grieving, and that's never trivial. I know how sad it is to lose an animal friend, and I'm very sorry about Callie.

Re: I understand so well

Carmen H on 9/18/02 at 07:42 (095605)

Dear Necee~

I recently (not too recent but in June)lost my dog too....and I thought my heart would break in half and never be whole again. I understand what you are feeling and the pain of that loss is so great that it threatens to overwhelm you. Some people don't realize how painful it is to lose a pet...they are part of our families and there is no avoiding the emptiness we feel when they are gone we just have to go through it. There were a few things that helped me get through it and one of them was Suzanne D....the email she wrote me made me come to peace with my decision to put Gussy down I kept it for 2 months. The second.....the fact that he had such a good life with us and how much we truly loved him.
Callie was the luckiest dog ever to be sent to such a wonderful family.....she 'hit the doggie lotto!' and that is something you should always remember. Perhaps it will help you feel better remembering how happy she was because of YOU.
That in itself is a blessing....

I hope you get as many laughs out of your memories as you do tears...remembering the funny 'fun' times with Callie.
This poem is still on my refrigerator....it helps when I STILL get lonely for Gus. By the way...keep your eyes open for the 'signs' that he is around...mine was a bluebird. :o)

'Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain. When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush.
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there. I do not sleep.'
~anon

Feel free to send me an email if you want to just express how you feel.

Missy B on 9/18/02 at 19:41 (095654)

So sorry to hear about your loss of Callie. As an animal owner all my life, I can fully understand the void you are experiencing right now with the loss of your beloved dog. I hope that you can find comfort in remembering all the good times you spent together and the love that you gave each other.

Missy B.

JudyS on 9/19/02 at 10:03 (095716)

Oh no, Necee! I saw the name 'Callie' and immediately flashed on that lovely photo you'd sent a couple of months ago. Losing a beloved pet is so much harder than anyone might think and my heart goes out to you.