Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Julie & Carole C

Posted by RACHAEL T. on 9/17/02 at 20:23 (095577)

Thanks for your replies & support......I wonder if your hiking boots have a model name, Julie? And, Carole C. - hmm! I like you, would love to ditch the pills - but am fearful especially on horse show weekends....but on days like today when I took a total of 50 mg Vioxx....I am wishful that I could delete even that need! Maybe - just maybe next year this time, I shall post that I am done w/ the anti-inflamm. pills except upon particularly action filled days!

Re: Julie & Carole C

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 20:52 (095582)

wouldn't that be great? I don't know if I can ditch my Celebrex or not, but I do plan to try some OTC pain medications instead for a while.

Carole C

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:40 (095597)

Rachael, they're just North Face Targas. North Face is the brand, Targa is the model. They're made in men's and women's sizes.

Re: Rachael re Targas

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:55 (095599)

...I meant to say that I'm not 'recommending' them. Shoes are a very individual matter (for instance, I've never liked my New Balance 853s, which I bought on the recommendation of my podiatrist and which most people have found good for PF). But Targas have been very good for my needs, and I can quote one other success story.

A year or so ago a mailman called Larry, whose ability to do his job was threatened by PF, asked on the board if anyone could suggest a shoe that might help. I suggested Targas, thinking that their thick soles would be just right for lots of walking on town pavements. He got them, and a few weeks later posted that they were working for him and that he could now do his route free of pain.

So if you think they'd be worth investigating, have a look. You'll probably be able to tell right away if they're right for you.

Carole C in NOLA on 9/17/02 at 20:52 (095582)

wouldn't that be great? I don't know if I can ditch my Celebrex or not, but I do plan to try some OTC pain medications instead for a while.

Carole C

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:40 (095597)

Rachael, they're just North Face Targas. North Face is the brand, Targa is the model. They're made in men's and women's sizes.

Re: Rachael re Targas

Julie on 9/18/02 at 02:55 (095599)

...I meant to say that I'm not 'recommending' them. Shoes are a very individual matter (for instance, I've never liked my New Balance 853s, which I bought on the recommendation of my podiatrist and which most people have found good for PF). But Targas have been very good for my needs, and I can quote one other success story.

A year or so ago a mailman called Larry, whose ability to do his job was threatened by PF, asked on the board if anyone could suggest a shoe that might help. I suggested Targas, thinking that their thick soles would be just right for lots of walking on town pavements. He got them, and a few weeks later posted that they were working for him and that he could now do his route free of pain.

So if you think they'd be worth investigating, have a look. You'll probably be able to tell right away if they're right for you.