Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pain in tendon at back of heel between ankle & heel.

Posted by Ruth M. on 9/18/02 at 20:00 (095656)

I have pain in the back of my foot. When I sit and get up to walk, it seems like my foot is stiff and it hurts when I try to walk. After I walk a few minutes, it feels better. I could get up and walk without pain and then it will start hurting.

Re: Pain in tendon at back of heel between ankle & heel.

Dr. Z on 9/18/02 at 20:51 (095664)

This sounds like insertional achilles tendonitis. Much the treatment is aimed at resting the tendon,nsaid, lifts, physical therapy . First see a podiatrist and get a diagnosis

Re: can infants get ingrown toenails

lonnie barber jr. on 9/18/02 at 21:00 (095666)

i was wonderind if babies can get ingrown toenails because thats what they are telling me that my son has and he was born a premature at 33 weeks.

Gail R on 9/18/02 at 22:45 (095681)

Hi Ruth, The doctor said it sounds as if you have insertional tendonitis. I had surgery the 2nd time for (insertional tendonitis)
3 weeks ago. I am doing good now but have several months of recovery ahead of me. Take the doctor Z'S suggestion to rest etc. Perhaps I might not have had 2nd surgery but my employer pushed me to get back to work after the first in Dec., then when my doctor put me in the cam walker for a month off, well it is just very difficult to rest when your job is at stake!! I wish you the best, see a doctor if you have not already. Gail

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/19/02 at 17:49 (095758)

It is possible. I have seen newborns with this problem.
Ed

Dr. Z on 9/18/02 at 20:51 (095664)

This sounds like insertional achilles tendonitis. Much the treatment is aimed at resting the tendon,nsaid, lifts, physical therapy . First see a podiatrist and get a diagnosis

lonnie barber jr. on 9/18/02 at 21:00 (095666)

i was wonderind if babies can get ingrown toenails because thats what they are telling me that my son has and he was born a premature at 33 weeks.

Gail R on 9/18/02 at 22:45 (095681)

Hi Ruth, The doctor said it sounds as if you have insertional tendonitis. I had surgery the 2nd time for (insertional tendonitis)
3 weeks ago. I am doing good now but have several months of recovery ahead of me. Take the doctor Z'S suggestion to rest etc. Perhaps I might not have had 2nd surgery but my employer pushed me to get back to work after the first in Dec., then when my doctor put me in the cam walker for a month off, well it is just very difficult to rest when your job is at stake!! I wish you the best, see a doctor if you have not already. Gail

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/19/02 at 17:49 (095758)

It is possible. I have seen newborns with this problem.
Ed