Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Positive Result - Plantar Fasciitis

Posted by Leonie M on 9/20/02 at 04:46 (095793)

Dear All who gave me good sound advice - I cancelled my appt. with the NHS orthopaedic surgeon who was going to inject Steriods into my feet under general anaesthetic!
I have since met a Dr (through a friend)
Dr Charles Bale MB BS MRCS LRCP D(Obst)RCOG who is giving me alternative treatment (free of charge) and it is working!
It is homeopathic - called Condrodistrofin - composition:- Acido formicicum D11, Spirea ulmaria D4, Cartilagio suis D8, Aconitum D4. Basically, he injects this into my calves after finding the 'trigger point' in the calf and within a second the pain is gone. For approximately 4 days I was pain free then it started coming back due to unavoidable activities which set off the pf again. This doctor is absolutely amazing - Not only is he administering this once a week, he has ensured that I stick to my diet (WeightWatchers), encouraging me to give up my 5 - 10 an evening cigarette-smoking (which has also helped immensely!) AND given me professional advice on eating habits to help with the dieting. He has given me a homeopathic drink to increase my metabolism, given me gel to put on my feet which has also helped and eliminated the burning on the heels. He has told me to go to my NHS for a blood test to check that my thyroid is working properly AND... AND yes ... AND he is referring me to a podiatrist friend/colleague ONLY ONCE I HAVE LOST SOME OF THE WEIGHT!!!! Just incase you are wondering, I am not FAT FAT, but am too overweight for my height but it is not noticeable because of me being a tall 5.7' (1.69m) - I am 100 and should be between 60-70 roughly. My poor little feet have to take all that pressure. Don't you find that you have so much more respect for your feet when you have pf - I actually love my feet and feel so sorry for them. I give them all the love and care they deserve! I guess that should apply to the entire body...

Re: Positive Result - Plantar Fasciitis

Necee on 9/20/02 at 07:30 (095807)

Congratulations on your improvement!
I always enjoy reading good news on this board. I hope that you continue moving forward on your road to recovery. Sounds like you have found a really great Dr. Keep us all posted.

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 9/20/02 at 08:31 (095818)

Hello Leonie

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. It sounds as though you've found someone good. Is Dr Bale in London? If you can give me some more details, it would be useful to have them.

It would seem that trigger point/myofascial therapy is more established here in England than in the States - Pete posted today about it too.

Leonie M on 9/20/02 at 09:06 (095826)

Hi Julie
I go to see Dr Bale from his own surgery down the road from me in Bletchingley, Surrey but also goes into London to his room in Harley Street or thereabouts.
Basically, you lie on your stomach on the bed with feet hanging over the edge of the bottom of the bed. He applies pressure with his fingers to parts of the calf until you feel it most painful and that is the trigger point where he inserts a very thin needle so you don't feel a thing. The pain disappears immediately. I guess it releases tension in the calf/makes it more supple - not quite sure what it actually does. Dr Bale explained it all to me. The gel he gave me cools and soothes the feet and takes that 'heat' away. His main aim at present is to get my weight down and make me better without steriods/operations. He was just so angry when a friend of mine just happened to mentioned that I was to go into hospital for steriod treatment under general anaesthetic and insisted on me cancelling and going to see him - it is the best thing I have ever done. He really is a truly wonderful person who spends so much time with his patients - you don't feel like being on a conveyor-belt! Their aim is to try to get this onto the NHS which would be a real blessing to sufferers! Please let me know exactly what more information you need/want to know. Kind regards Leonie

Necee on 9/20/02 at 07:30 (095807)

Congratulations on your improvement!
I always enjoy reading good news on this board. I hope that you continue moving forward on your road to recovery. Sounds like you have found a really great Dr. Keep us all posted.

Happy trails....

Necee

Julie on 9/20/02 at 08:31 (095818)

Hello Leonie

Thanks for keeping us informed of your progress. It sounds as though you've found someone good. Is Dr Bale in London? If you can give me some more details, it would be useful to have them.

It would seem that trigger point/myofascial therapy is more established here in England than in the States - Pete posted today about it too.

Leonie M on 9/20/02 at 09:06 (095826)

Hi Julie
I go to see Dr Bale from his own surgery down the road from me in Bletchingley, Surrey but also goes into London to his room in Harley Street or thereabouts.
Basically, you lie on your stomach on the bed with feet hanging over the edge of the bottom of the bed. He applies pressure with his fingers to parts of the calf until you feel it most painful and that is the trigger point where he inserts a very thin needle so you don't feel a thing. The pain disappears immediately. I guess it releases tension in the calf/makes it more supple - not quite sure what it actually does. Dr Bale explained it all to me. The gel he gave me cools and soothes the feet and takes that 'heat' away. His main aim at present is to get my weight down and make me better without steriods/operations. He was just so angry when a friend of mine just happened to mentioned that I was to go into hospital for steriod treatment under general anaesthetic and insisted on me cancelling and going to see him - it is the best thing I have ever done. He really is a truly wonderful person who spends so much time with his patients - you don't feel like being on a conveyor-belt! Their aim is to try to get this onto the NHS which would be a real blessing to sufferers! Please let me know exactly what more information you need/want to know. Kind regards Leonie