Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Question for one of the docs/anyone....Lynco Orthotics

Posted by Peg on 9/20/02 at 12:31 (095845)

Hi,

Can you tell me if anything about these orthotics, or if someone you
know -- with problems such as mine (neuroma, metatarsalgia, over-pronate), have used them with success? I'm particularly curious about the sport neutral or posted heel with met. But I don't know the difference between the neutral heel or the posted heel.

Thanks

Re: Question for one of the docs/anyone....Lynco Orthotics

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/02 at 21:08 (095926)

Lynco is a manufactuer of foot care products that has been around for a while. Many of their products are based on very old designs although they work well for some.

A neutral heel has no angulation to it. A posted heel, usually posted in varus, is designed to reduce pronation. Usually high arched individuals or oversupinators would want to use a device with no post but a person with a low arch who overpronates does better with the post.
Ed

Re: Question for one of the docs/anyone....Lynco Orthotics

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/21/02 at 21:08 (095926)

Lynco is a manufactuer of foot care products that has been around for a while. Many of their products are based on very old designs although they work well for some.

A neutral heel has no angulation to it. A posted heel, usually posted in varus, is designed to reduce pronation. Usually high arched individuals or oversupinators would want to use a device with no post but a person with a low arch who overpronates does better with the post.
Ed