Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shots

Posted by Carrie on 9/20/02 at 12:52 (095848)

I am curious how come the shots work so well for some people and not for others. I know a few people who got the shots and never had another problem with the pain again. Just curious. I know that everyone here is pretty much anti shots, but they do seem to help some and I am curious how come it doesn't always work out

Re: Shots

Carmen H on 9/20/02 at 13:15 (095851)

Hi Carrie~

Are you getting shots or Trigger Point therapy?

Carrie on 9/20/02 at 13:17 (095852)

Carmen

Let me clarify. I went through the 11 or so sessions of trigger point therapy last February and it didn't work at all. Then he basically did the same trigger points only mixed in some steroids, this worked well for about 5 months. The pain only came back bad on the left foot after running. Today I had the same triggers injected with lidocaine and steroids. I will let you know how this works.

hugs
C

Carmen H on 9/20/02 at 13:15 (095851)

Hi Carrie~

Are you getting shots or Trigger Point therapy?

Carrie on 9/20/02 at 13:17 (095852)

Carmen

Let me clarify. I went through the 11 or so sessions of trigger point therapy last February and it didn't work at all. Then he basically did the same trigger points only mixed in some steroids, this worked well for about 5 months. The pain only came back bad on the left foot after running. Today I had the same triggers injected with lidocaine and steroids. I will let you know how this works.

hugs
C