Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Planter Fasciitis

Posted by Cheryl W. on 9/20/02 at 19:08 (095871)

I was diagnosed with Planter Fasciitis in June of 2002. The cause was doing too much activity at the Gym, so my Dr. says. I have followed his treatment plan (inserts in my shoes 100% of the time, excersise and cold therophy) I have had no relief. I am not a candidate for surgery. I saw a segment on 'Good Morning America' a few months back that dealt with a lazer treatment for Heel Spurs and Planter Fasciitis. After 1 treatment with the lazer, a women's pain was gone. She limped into the Dr's office and walked out just fine. Can you give me some information on the procedure and if any Dr's do this procedure in North central Florida?

Re: Planter Fasciitis

Dr. Z on 9/21/02 at 21:36 (095930)

This is ESWT. High energy sound waves are used to stimulate the body to repair the damaged areas of the plantar fascia. Healing time will vary with each and every patient. We find in our ESWT group that healing ( pain relief) takes places from one day up to approximately 12 weeks. The risks are very small and the results are very good. Our group is called Excellence Shockwave Therapy and we use the dornier epos. IF you would like additional information just e-mail (email removed). Hope that this is helpful. Oh I am not sure of any doctors using the dornier epos in your areas of the country

Re: Planter Fasciitis

Dr. Z on 9/21/02 at 21:36 (095930)

This is ESWT. High energy sound waves are used to stimulate the body to repair the damaged areas of the plantar fascia. Healing time will vary with each and every patient. We find in our ESWT group that healing ( pain relief) takes places from one day up to approximately 12 weeks. The risks are very small and the results are very good. Our group is called Excellence Shockwave Therapy and we use the dornier epos. IF you would like additional information just e-mail (email removed). Hope that this is helpful. Oh I am not sure of any doctors using the dornier epos in your areas of the country