Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Dr.'s

Posted by Carmen H on 9/21/02 at 13:51 (095908)

Have any of you ever read the Pete Egoscue method of overcoming PF and foot problems?

Re: Dr.'s

Ellen J. on 9/21/02 at 19:17 (095921)

Can you tell us more about it? Is it a book or an article somewhere? I'm always interested in anything new.
Ellen

Carmen H on 9/22/02 at 15:52 (095971)

http://www.egoscue.com/htdocs/index.asp

Looking through the book there is a section on feet and plantar fasciitis...not sure if the web site will have that in depth info.

Nancy N on 9/22/02 at 21:01 (095982)

He also has a book called Pain Free. I got it a few years ago after my dad bought it while looking for exercises he could do for his back. I thought it was interesting and tried it for a while, but didn't notice any big benefit from it. I may not have been doing it completely right, though. He has an interesting view of orthotics, which is that they can help but that your feet become dependent on them and that this is a bad thing (I can't remember exactly why anymore, though--I'd have to go look it up). I'd imagine it's worth a shot for most people, though--I don't think it would do any harm. I didn't know he had a website now, so maybe the stuff there is more current than what's in the book?

Carmen H on 9/23/02 at 08:10 (096004)

Exactly right Nancy! You remembered correctly.

Ellen J. on 9/21/02 at 19:17 (095921)

Can you tell us more about it? Is it a book or an article somewhere? I'm always interested in anything new.
Ellen

Carmen H on 9/22/02 at 15:52 (095971)

http://www.egoscue.com/htdocs/index.asp

Looking through the book there is a section on feet and plantar fasciitis...not sure if the web site will have that in depth info.

Nancy N on 9/22/02 at 21:01 (095982)

He also has a book called Pain Free. I got it a few years ago after my dad bought it while looking for exercises he could do for his back. I thought it was interesting and tried it for a while, but didn't notice any big benefit from it. I may not have been doing it completely right, though. He has an interesting view of orthotics, which is that they can help but that your feet become dependent on them and that this is a bad thing (I can't remember exactly why anymore, though--I'd have to go look it up). I'd imagine it's worth a shot for most people, though--I don't think it would do any harm. I didn't know he had a website now, so maybe the stuff there is more current than what's in the book?

Carmen H on 9/23/02 at 08:10 (096004)

Exactly right Nancy! You remembered correctly.