Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

"Bruising" and toe cramps related to PF?

Posted by DMS on 9/21/02 at 21:34 (095929)

I've been putting my feet up while resting since I was diagnosed with PF. I've noticed that while my feet are up, once in a while my toes and the area just above them (both on top and bottom of my foot)will start to tighten, sort of like a charlie horse.
I also found on my foot today a small area, about 1 1/2' x 3/4', on the forward part of the arch on my left foot that somewhat resembles a bruise, but I don't recall hitting my foot today. Plus, when I bruise, it usually looks a little different. This one has sort of a medium pink center with a purple outline. Could this be related to the PF, or is it something else entirely?

Re: "Bruising" and toe cramps related to PF?-- forgot to mention.....

DMS on 9/21/02 at 21:37 (095931)

...the bruised part is really itchy, and sometimes seems a little bit warmer than the rest of my foot (but not always).

Re: "Bruising" and toe cramps related to PF?

Mahatmelissama on 9/24/02 at 19:21 (096131)

My toes cramp too...and I have PF. I also have a little 'pouch' on my left foot, used to have one on the right but it went down after wearing these orthotics I started wearing.

Sounds like inflammation to me. I am NOT A DOCTOR though, bear that in mind. Hopefully a doctor will drop by your post.

Re: "Bruising" and toe cramps related to PF?-- forgot to mention.....

DMS on 9/21/02 at 21:37 (095931)

...the bruised part is really itchy, and sometimes seems a little bit warmer than the rest of my foot (but not always).

Re: "Bruising" and toe cramps related to PF?

Mahatmelissama on 9/24/02 at 19:21 (096131)

My toes cramp too...and I have PF. I also have a little 'pouch' on my left foot, used to have one on the right but it went down after wearing these orthotics I started wearing.

Sounds like inflammation to me. I am NOT A DOCTOR though, bear that in mind. Hopefully a doctor will drop by your post.