Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

could I have TTS as well?

Posted by RachelWoolly on 9/22/02 at 10:18 (095944)

I hate to be a pain and I'm sure everyone on this website must think I'm a hyprochondriac as I seem to have everything wrong with me but since I've had these new orthotics which are really hard plastic, my left ankle has got a lot worse. I have very severe burning on the inside arch (usually have burning on both soles of feet but thats another matter).
I have pain underneath my inside ankle (a lot worse if I touch it) all the way from my arch.

Maybe its the new orthotics (which I've had for nearly 2 weeks now and can't wear them for more than an hour and a half).

I've had pain in my ankle for quite a few months now and burning on soles of both feet but because of this severe pain just underneath the inside ankle I thought is this TTS?

PF in right foot, TTS in left foot and pain in knee and wrist
and stiffness in back in morning.

What next???

Re: could I have TTS as well?

wendyn on 9/22/02 at 12:56 (095958)

Rachel, there are many of us who seemed to have TTS triggered by, or made worse by those hard plastic orthtotics. You may want to consider ditching them for a while, and using something like Birks to see if it helps at all. If it does, you probably have your answer.

Des L. on 10/01/02 at 20:23 (096646)

Weyden suggests to try 'Birks' -- what are those please? My feet are screaming and I wear a 3/4' Spenco arch support. I know I have tarsal tunnel - it's been confirmed by EMG. Also currently on 1200mg of Neurontin. But still have needles, numbness, burning but not the shooting pains I used to have in heels, arches, and especially toes!

Thanks for any reply and I possibly know what pain you may be suffering. Hope I did this correctly.

wendyn on 9/22/02 at 12:56 (095958)

Rachel, there are many of us who seemed to have TTS triggered by, or made worse by those hard plastic orthtotics. You may want to consider ditching them for a while, and using something like Birks to see if it helps at all. If it does, you probably have your answer.

Des L. on 10/01/02 at 20:23 (096646)

Weyden suggests to try 'Birks' -- what are those please? My feet are screaming and I wear a 3/4' Spenco arch support. I know I have tarsal tunnel - it's been confirmed by EMG. Also currently on 1200mg of Neurontin. But still have needles, numbness, burning but not the shooting pains I used to have in heels, arches, and especially toes!

Thanks for any reply and I possibly know what pain you may be suffering. Hope I did this correctly.