Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Calling all Sherlock Holmes pf posters

Posted by Dr. Z on 9/22/02 at 19:16 (095979)

In the past we have had many posters. Ok two posters. who investigate and question our comments and our research.

Well here is a calling from Dr. Z. Doesn't it bother you that that the AMA published such an unscientiful article on ESWT . Do you worry that insurance company will cut off any kind of payment . Here is my challenge:
find out who the editors are on the peer review staff of the AMA journal find out who they have worked for in the past. What if any insurance companies they have worked for in the past. Now that would be a great CNN or Abc, Sixty minutes Story. Anyone interested ???

Re: Calling all Sherlock Holmes pf posters

elliott on 9/22/02 at 21:51 (095986)

Now just how am I going to do all that research while sitting in my Sukkah? :-)

[[[[[[]]]]]]

Dr. Z on 9/22/02 at 22:42 (095991)

Good one. I love it. I am laughing my friend

john h on 9/23/02 at 18:10 (096041)

Dr. Z: Rather than the Sherlock Holmes perhaps Dr. Watson would be more suited to PF post.

Re: Dr. Z -- it does bother me.....

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/24/02 at 00:03 (096071)

Yes, it is really a shame when a reputable organization gives credence to a flawed study. Considering the author's bias in the study, one has to wonder if the study was more for the short term benefit of the health insurance industry.
Ed

Re: A laptop with a wireless modem

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/24/02 at 00:33 (096074)

A laptop with a wireless modem. Of course, I don't think that would be considered legit by religious authorities. How do they make decisions on such issues when faced with new technologies?
Ed

Dr. Z on 9/24/02 at 21:19 (096151)

I guess we will never know what was behind this study. I will keep asking

elliott on 9/22/02 at 21:51 (095986)

Now just how am I going to do all that research while sitting in my Sukkah? :-)

[[[[[[]]]]]]

Dr. Z on 9/22/02 at 22:42 (095991)

Good one. I love it. I am laughing my friend

john h on 9/23/02 at 18:10 (096041)

Dr. Z: Rather than the Sherlock Holmes perhaps Dr. Watson would be more suited to PF post.

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/24/02 at 00:03 (096071)

Yes, it is really a shame when a reputable organization gives credence to a flawed study. Considering the author's bias in the study, one has to wonder if the study was more for the short term benefit of the health insurance industry.
Ed

Re: A laptop with a wireless modem

Ed Davis, DPM on 9/24/02 at 00:33 (096074)

A laptop with a wireless modem. Of course, I don't think that would be considered legit by religious authorities. How do they make decisions on such issues when faced with new technologies?
Ed

Dr. Z on 9/24/02 at 21:19 (096151)

I guess we will never know what was behind this study. I will keep asking