Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tuberosity Spur Treatment

Posted by Cliff P on 9/22/02 at 20:02 (095981)

I have a bone spur in my tuberosity region that I have been dealing with since 1996. Doctor did not seem to know what caused it until recently when the spur showed up on a fluoroscope. Now they do not know how to treat this. Is it possible a ESWT would work in this area?

Re: Tuberosity Spur Treatment

Dr. Z on 9/22/02 at 22:41 (095990)

If you are referring to the calcaneal tuberosity and it is in the area of the insertion of the plantar fascia , then you have the correct location. ESWT is very effective for chronic isertional pf which is non-responding to at least three conservative treatments. IF you would like additonal information from our ESWT group please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) . I see to it that you receive our informational packet

Re: Tuberosity Spur Treatment

Dr. Z on 9/22/02 at 22:41 (095990)

If you are referring to the calcaneal tuberosity and it is in the area of the insertion of the plantar fascia , then you have the correct location. ESWT is very effective for chronic isertional pf which is non-responding to at least three conservative treatments. IF you would like additonal information from our ESWT group please e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed) . I see to it that you receive our informational packet