Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Hey Guys - Remember Me?

Posted by RonB on 9/24/02 at 09:54 (096093)

Hi guys! I haven't posted for quite a while. I am the one with bi-lateral TTS caused in part by an accessory muscle! I had the release on my right foot on June 19th and part of my 4th muscle was also removed from the tunnel area. The doc said that because the nerve was under compression for so long (over a year) that it would take 6 months before I would see improvement. It has been three months and I have only seen minor improvement. At least I can sleep at night. I was off of work for 9 weeks with physical therapy for the last 3 weeks before returning to work. I still have numbness in my toes and a lot of pain in both feet but I am no longer in a wheel chair and I am out of the air casts. I do have a silicone filled ankle support that keeps the swelling from returning in my ankle. This was a problem with only wearing my new balance shoes and orthotics. I am keeping my hopes up but it is still frustrating that I am not where I would like to be at this point. I would say I am 60% of where I was before the TTS. I hope that you are all doing well and keeping the faith.

RonB

Re: Hey Guys - Remember Me?

Laurie R on 9/24/02 at 10:16 (096097)

Hi Ron ,Of course I remember you .... For some reason for it is easier to remember the more difficult cases ... Wow 60 % that is awesome , that is something to be happy about ... You must remember that it can take up to a year to heal from foot and ankle surgery ...... I am also very happy to hear that you are not in a wheelchair anymore ...... You have come a long way .

Don't ever give up on hope ..... I don't , I have been dealing with this for over 3 years ... I have learned so much about feet and ankles through this time it is not even funny ...... I never thought I would know so much about feet ....

My very best to you and please keep posting ... I find it very interesting to hear how others are healing .... Your story will and can help other people suffering ...

Laurie R

Re: No :-)

elliott on 9/24/02 at 23:33 (096167)

Actually, if I recall, you left us in cliffhanger fashion smack in the middle of a thread. :-) Best wishes for continued progress.

RonB on 10/02/02 at 20:00 (096753)

You may have me confused with another. I am the one who saw Dr. Yu in Cleveland for advice. As I remember you had also left the site for a while. My reason was computer problems. A virus left me with no e-mail for about 4 months and then I had the surgery. It has now been 6 weeks since the surgery and I now getting to the little things... like fixing my e-mail.

Re: Re:Ron I remember you!

Tammie on 10/03/02 at 08:34 (096783)

Yes I remember you Ron! I am so glad to see you back and I am really thrilled to see that you are having some progress! I am curious to what happened with Dr. YU as We both were thinking of seeing him at that time!

I instead took the pain management instead as they decided after the MRI and the nerve testing and checking me over (trying to kill me ) I am teasing of course! But they have told me I have RSD. This has been decided by 2 Dr. but now my lawyer wants me to see another RSD spec. in cleveland name is Mark BoswellMD for yet another opioion. I think it is more for litigation. For me it would be tourture in _ as I dread anyone or anything disturbing my pain areas.

The Pain doc did the 3 blocks with minimal Pain relief, But yet there was some!I do not like them but I would try it again if there might be more relief! My life is pain meds out the wazoo and still with that and the breakthrus meds, life can be a huge __ I am told to keep working to keep my body moving and not frozen in a wheelchair. I have been told one leg is smaller then other due to aptrophy sorry bad speller.So have been working and after a day of that I take a good day sometimes 2 to be able to move without tears. But I make myself as I do not want to have the WC.

Did you go to Pain management? I thought you were thinking about it? Please tell me your miracle lol and how you found it and what Dr. led you to it! I sorta remember that you were upset with DR. YU and that is about when you left the board! I worried about you and prayed you were all right! I would love to hear about what happened!

Re: Excuse me for the interup, Laurie read this

Tammie on 10/03/02 at 08:48 (096786)

Ok Laurie , I know I am forgetful but as I recall you had a new email adress? Is this true? I have had a rough time so have not even been on computor as maybe our girls knew. You know about thease days I am sure!!!Anyways Today I am here but who knows about tomorrow if you know what i mean! Would love to discuss Teens and there troubles and how they hurt as much as we do !And How to deal with them!! You are the perfect mom my daughter tells me , even with your RSD and you dont forget things like me she tells me I am a stoner mom and I cant remember anything , she does not have time to be my address or anything like a my servant. She keeps telling me I need to throw my meds away and be a real mother! That hurts as I really try I even took her and her friend to look for there homecoming dresses! I did not mention my hurts or pains one time! I kept it to myself. Anyways I know our girls are good friends and I know you are a great mom LOL Our girls think so so need advice lol! How are you,.Feel badly as I have not talked to any of friends on board lately but have been working on myself trying some streching and moving my feet and my legs as I am having alot of troubles resembling this rsd.

The sharp electrical jabs the tingling the stiffness and the fire so very hot foot, have been trying to work with it so no hypersensitivity with both feet and legs! Some days good some days sends me back to step one.See the big guy pain man Monday and I am so ready for him and I am going thru my notes today to get my questions to gether as I get white coat fear. More fear that even a touch can put my day back like the begining you know!So please dont think I have forgotton any one hear just orking hard on me! Also looking for new shoes again as thease are not suporting me enough any more!- email me your new address? I think it was you ? I am spo sorry my memory is very short term then when I am ok I have the long term. Dang all thease meds but then I love it as I can sleep and I can at least walk.Love to u and hope you understand !

Re: Hey Guys - Remember Me?

Laurie R on 9/24/02 at 10:16 (096097)

Hi Ron ,Of course I remember you .... For some reason for it is easier to remember the more difficult cases ... Wow 60 % that is awesome , that is something to be happy about ... You must remember that it can take up to a year to heal from foot and ankle surgery ...... I am also very happy to hear that you are not in a wheelchair anymore ...... You have come a long way .

Don't ever give up on hope ..... I don't , I have been dealing with this for over 3 years ... I have learned so much about feet and ankles through this time it is not even funny ...... I never thought I would know so much about feet ....

My very best to you and please keep posting ... I find it very interesting to hear how others are healing .... Your story will and can help other people suffering ...

Laurie R

elliott on 9/24/02 at 23:33 (096167)

Actually, if I recall, you left us in cliffhanger fashion smack in the middle of a thread. :-) Best wishes for continued progress.

RonB on 10/02/02 at 20:00 (096753)

You may have me confused with another. I am the one who saw Dr. Yu in Cleveland for advice. As I remember you had also left the site for a while. My reason was computer problems. A virus left me with no e-mail for about 4 months and then I had the surgery. It has now been 6 weeks since the surgery and I now getting to the little things... like fixing my e-mail.

Re: Re:Ron I remember you!

Tammie on 10/03/02 at 08:34 (096783)

Yes I remember you Ron! I am so glad to see you back and I am really thrilled to see that you are having some progress! I am curious to what happened with Dr. YU as We both were thinking of seeing him at that time!

I instead took the pain management instead as they decided after the MRI and the nerve testing and checking me over (trying to kill me ) I am teasing of course! But they have told me I have RSD. This has been decided by 2 Dr. but now my lawyer wants me to see another RSD spec. in cleveland name is Mark BoswellMD for yet another opioion. I think it is more for litigation. For me it would be tourture in _ as I dread anyone or anything disturbing my pain areas.

The Pain doc did the 3 blocks with minimal Pain relief, But yet there was some!I do not like them but I would try it again if there might be more relief! My life is pain meds out the wazoo and still with that and the breakthrus meds, life can be a huge __ I am told to keep working to keep my body moving and not frozen in a wheelchair. I have been told one leg is smaller then other due to aptrophy sorry bad speller.So have been working and after a day of that I take a good day sometimes 2 to be able to move without tears. But I make myself as I do not want to have the WC.

Did you go to Pain management? I thought you were thinking about it? Please tell me your miracle lol and how you found it and what Dr. led you to it! I sorta remember that you were upset with DR. YU and that is about when you left the board! I worried about you and prayed you were all right! I would love to hear about what happened!

Re: Excuse me for the interup, Laurie read this

Tammie on 10/03/02 at 08:48 (096786)

Ok Laurie , I know I am forgetful but as I recall you had a new email adress? Is this true? I have had a rough time so have not even been on computor as maybe our girls knew. You know about thease days I am sure!!!Anyways Today I am here but who knows about tomorrow if you know what i mean! Would love to discuss Teens and there troubles and how they hurt as much as we do !And How to deal with them!! You are the perfect mom my daughter tells me , even with your RSD and you dont forget things like me she tells me I am a stoner mom and I cant remember anything , she does not have time to be my address or anything like a my servant. She keeps telling me I need to throw my meds away and be a real mother! That hurts as I really try I even took her and her friend to look for there homecoming dresses! I did not mention my hurts or pains one time! I kept it to myself. Anyways I know our girls are good friends and I know you are a great mom LOL Our girls think so so need advice lol! How are you,.Feel badly as I have not talked to any of friends on board lately but have been working on myself trying some streching and moving my feet and my legs as I am having alot of troubles resembling this rsd.

The sharp electrical jabs the tingling the stiffness and the fire so very hot foot, have been trying to work with it so no hypersensitivity with both feet and legs! Some days good some days sends me back to step one.See the big guy pain man Monday and I am so ready for him and I am going thru my notes today to get my questions to gether as I get white coat fear. More fear that even a touch can put my day back like the begining you know!So please dont think I have forgotton any one hear just orking hard on me! Also looking for new shoes again as thease are not suporting me enough any more!- email me your new address? I think it was you ? I am spo sorry my memory is very short term then when I am ok I have the long term. Dang all thease meds but then I love it as I can sleep and I can at least walk.Love to u and hope you understand !